Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which network offers the fastest internet on phone?

• 07-12-2009 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Quick Question;

Just wondering which network has a faster internet vodafone or o2?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

technically Meteor do at the moment but it's only in a couple of locations, 3 would have the largest amount of 3G coverage followed by o2 then Vodafone, it all depends on where you'll be using your phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 rayhartjnr

I woulda thought meteor were the worst!

I'm currently on meteor using an n95 in the southeast area and I'm thinking of going to o2 or vodafone when I get an iphone in January.

Does any network provide a faster connection? or are they all the same? and speed depends on strength of signal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,248 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

rayhartjnr wrote: »
    I woulda thought meteor were the worst!

I'm currently on meteor using an n95 in the southeast area and I'm thinking of going to o2 or vodafone when I get an iphone in January.

Does any network provide a faster connection? or are they all the same? and speed depends on strength of signal?

They are but they have released 14mb in Galway (the question was which was fastest, not which had the best 3G coverage) which by reports is giving a good 10mb connection, 3 & Vodafone are meant to follow shortly.
    Vodafone nearly has the worst speeds, a lot of it's network is gprs only which is rubbish for the internet, o2 & Meteor have edge around the conntry which is still ok but not broadband speeds. 3 have about 89% coverage with there 3G network which in theroy should give it the best speeds at the moment but contention is a problem.

All this depends on your location, if there's no 3G around you it's a toss up between meteor & o2 for there edge coverage. If there's 3G around you just got to pick one of them. All of their speeds are a bit like yo yo's. o2 could be blazing fast one day and 3 could be unusuable and the following day could be the opposite.

Go with whoever has the best 3G coverage in your area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I've never had more than 1mbps connection...

Advertisement