Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridge closed for another month

Options
  • 07-12-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭

Just had a mosey on the co.co web site to see if there was any update on the bridge.See below

Laois County Council are notifying that it is proposed to extend the period of closure of part of R420 north and south of Hopes Bridge in order to carry out tie in works. The work involves earthworks, drainage, surfacing in order to tie in new alignment into existing road.
    The closure will be extended for a period of six weeks from Wednesday 23rd December 2009 to 29th of January 2010.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Well Irish rail can't get the trains on time, do you really think they could get a building job done on time either:rolleyes:

Oh and some twit thought he could get around the closed off road and crashed a few weeks ago..........that might have slowed up things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Lovely, was going to go down yesterday just to see how they're getting on.
    Hate that bog road now - specially at night

Just found out the reason for the delay is that Irish rail ordered the wrong railing and it can't open without them. It's finished apart from that and it takes 6 weeks to get new ones ordered. Bloody typical

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

Well Irish rail can't get the trains on time, do you really think they could get a building job done on time either:rolleyes:

Yes, have to look no further than Laois Traincare Depot in Portlaoise which opened on time. I could list further examples if needs want.

enterprise wrote: »
    Yes, have to look no further than Laois Traincare Depot in Portlaoise which opened on time. I could list further examples if needs want.

You do that and i'll not only name trains that aren't on time, but don't run at all.

When you use the "service" daily your never amazing by the time keeping of IR and the lack of customer service.

• Advertisement

well its finally open............all that to build a bridge:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

woo.......

.....hooo !

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Anyone see the state of the bog road to Monasterevin at the weekend. How it was even open is beyond me. Large potholes everywhere on it!

It's absolutely great to have the bridge finally opened. No more rollcoaster driving for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭Doogieboogie

They coned it off a few weeks ago, but they don't seem to be actually doing anything to fix it! It's in a dreadful state - I rarely used to use the other road, but I will be using it until the bog road is fixed properly. I feel very sorry for people living on it, they have no choice but to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Roaster wrote: »
    Anyone see the state of the bog road to Monasterevin at the weekend. How it was even open is beyond me. Large potholes everywhere on it!

It's absolutely great to have the bridge finally opened. No more rollcoaster driving for me.
    Well now they could hardly close it when the bridge wasn't open could they?!

And even with the bridge back open I'd say they'd leave it for a week or two so everyone becomes aware of the fact it's open!

kmart6 wrote: »
    Well now they could hardly close it when the bridge wasn't open could they?!

Well smartarse if you read my post it referred to last weekend, which should have let you know that it's the first time I've seen it in that condition.

And what difference does that make, did you not see my second point that they might wait a week or if not several beofre closing the Bog Road so that eveyone is aware the new bridge is open....?!

And what difference does that make, did you not see my second point that they might wait a week or if not several beofre closing the Bog Road so that eveyone is aware the new bridge is open....?!

I did see your second point but I was quoting on your first and the fact you were being a smartarse.

Do you think for a minute that if I thought the new bridge/bit of road was not open that I would have brought it up.

So what, you expected it to be closed straight away just because the other bridge was open?!

So what, you expected it to be closed straight away just because the other bridge was open?!

YES!!!

Just let the locals use it like they did when the other road was closed. It's in such a bad way I don't know why people would want to use it anyhow.

Oh come off it, things like that require notice to be given!

Well I'll still use it until it's closed, it's a fairly short stretch thats in really bad nic, and if it's driven properly it's not that bad!

kmart6 WHATEVER!

You obviously love trolling.

.....and reported!

.....and reported!

Seriously, grow up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Kingdom

Jesus lads there isn't enough on here to whinging at each other. The mods have enough to worry about.

Roaster wrote: »
    Seriously, grow up!
    Read the charter!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

Lads, the childishness stops here.

Roaster you called kmart6 a smart ass after what appeared to me to be a valid response but there are two of ye acting like children after that. While technicaly it is a breach of the charter it's so minor that I am not going to do anything about it. Lets all grow up and leave it be.

anyone know if the resurfacing has been finished, or are the traffic lights still there ?

Are you asking about the bog road?!

Was on it last night and no difference at all, had totally forgot that the draw bridge in Monastrevin was closed....bit of a pain having to take to the back way to The Hazel then!

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Are you asking about the bog road?!

Was on it last night and no difference at all, had totally forgot that the draw bridge in Monastrevin was closed....bit of a pain having to take to the back way to The Hazel then!

you could always risk the hump back bridge at ballykelly :)

Yeah I was thinking of it but wasn't pushed,was -2.5 when I was soming up to Dublin last night so roads were slipperey enough without that yoke ha!

Advertisement