Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just steak

Options
  • 07-12-2009 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

ever get that feeling when you're heading out to eat that all you want is a proper steak? i've not been too impressed with the quality of what's on offer in a lot of places.

when i'm looking for a steak i normally look for:
    a choice of cut, fillet, sirloin, round, etc
    a choice of size
    a decent marinate
    and of course, cooked to how i want it.

there are very few places that do a good steak that i know of. recently enough a steak/grillhouse opened in carlow where i'm based but without naming it, i found it to be expensive and reallly low on quality.

the texas steak out in limerick was good but it's a curse of a drive just for a night out.

also durty nellys at bunratty used to cook a mean fillet steak but i've not been there in a long time. not sure if that's still the case.

can anyone recommend a decent place for steak (couldn't care less about a side salad!) in the east/south-east area.

...actually, can anyone recommend a decent place for steak anywhere in the country, i travel around from time to time and it would be good to have some places to try.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

Shanahans on the green.Maybe not what you after but very good.

Advertisement