Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anybody go home for revision week?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering do many of you go home for revision week, as in home home. I just don't think I could spend revision week in Dublin, like having to hit the library every day and eating 911 rolls. Is suppose I'm from Mayo so it's far but I just don't think I cold stick a revision week in Dublin!?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Plenty of people I know head home for the week to study. I guess it depends how well you can study at home as compared to the library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Bar going to the shop a few times,I haven't stepped out of the house during reading week.Hopefully it's the closest i'll ever get to solitary confinement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 bloodmager

I study at home. But sometimes i will go to library just to borrow few books for writing essays for a module christmas exam>.<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BlueLepreachaun

I much prefer to study in the library during the year..but not not this close to the exams.

It's overcrowded, hot, uncomfortable, elbow to elbow, you can't get a plug, the WiFis cutting out, you spend a fortune on food if your there all day, no books are available because theres 2-4 copies for 400 people...it's just a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I haven't been back on campus since the last day of lectures. No point in spending ages on buses to go to the library and then get a pain in my face trying to find somewhere to sit down and plug in my laptop. Also, I've already borrowed all the books I needed to (postgrad term loans ftw ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Don't really get why anyone would want to go to college to study unless where they happen to live is ridiculously noisy. I've always found it tough studying in the library as I find myself getting easily distracted. I think it's maybe just too quiet in there so I find myself unable to concentrate properly.

Advertisement