Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probate sale

Options
  • 07-12-2009 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

We've just gone sale agreed on a house going through probate. The lady died, no kids, her will says house has gone to her neice. How long normally does a probate sale that would seem fairly straightforward like this take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭Kipperhell

From my talks about this I was told that there is no need to sell the property as part of probate and in fact I was told it was best not to sell. The reasoning being the person in the will could not like your sale price and can sue. Transfer the ownership is really all you need do and limits your liability.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Trinity10

We're purchasing the property.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Has the Probate been issued yet? if so, it should take the normal lenght of time (4 weeks - 12 weeks).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

It all depends on whether the will is contested or not. If it has gone through probate- sale is normally 8-10 weeks.

Advertisement