Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Legends Autographs

Options
  • 07-12-2009 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

What Rock or Metal Legends autographs do you have? Where,when? do tell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

jeff walker-carcass
    met him at carcass concert in the tivoli in 94 or there abouts ,id have to check the ticket stubb

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I oddly don't do autographs. Prefer a handshake and/or a picture with them. Maybe even a few words. Which happened with Mikael from Opeth, was so damn cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

I met Bob Katsionis and Gus G from Firewind at The Button Factory earlier this year. I got them to autograph a CD and I had my photo taken with them.....:D ;):D. Although, I think half the people there got their photos taken with Gus. Bob is very down to Earth, sound guy.

I won a signed Bruce Dickinson photograph on the Iron Maiden fan club last year. :D

I met Holyhell at Magic Circle Festival III this year. Have a signed CD. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

I have Lemmys autograph on a very old denim jacket. Met him backstage at Dalymount Park, where apart from Motorhead also included Anvil and Black Sabbath with Ian Gillan on vocals! Come to think of it, I think Twisted Sister played too.

I also have Phil Lynotts autograph somewhere. I used to play drums in a band and we were playing a gig in Dalkey and believe it or not he was in the crowd. He came over after the gig and had a few drinks and a chat with us. Fantastic memories.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Might as well throw my own one in.Have Phil Lynotts autograph on a 20 Major stub. Got it while having a pint with him in Rose Hill Hotel,Kilkenny after blagging our way into the residents lounge.He was playing with Grand Slam, 6th May 1984.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭KevLeppard

I have Joe Elliott's, Phil Collen's and Vivian Campbells from Def Leppard. Got backstage passes to their 2 gigs in The Ambassador in Feb 2003. Happy times :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

JON NÖDTVEIDT - Dissection Dublin 2004
    Andres Kisser/Paulo Jr - Sepultura Dublin
    John & Donald Tardy - Obituary Dublin
    Jari Mäenpää - Wintersun Wacken 2006
    Eirk Rutan - Morbid Angel 1999 Dublin
    Dino - Fear Factory - 1998 SFX Dublin
    Karl Sanders - Nile Dublin

Have met numerous others but was too wasted to get an autograph or Picture!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Chris Cornell, I met him in Marley Park.
    I have all of Rammstein's except for Richard.
    Faith No More, including Big Jim's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I have Faith No Mores autographs('92 line-up),got my Angel Dust cassette cover signed by the band.

Also have my "Get a grip" cd cover signed by all of Aerosmith.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

James Hetfield and Lars Ulrich. A friend's uncle was interviewing them before a gig in 93/94 and got them for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I don't care about autographs or that kind of thing, but I do have Rob Halfords. That's about it I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

The only musicians autographs I've got of the band POD. Went to their gig in the Ambassador when I was 15. Legends?

The shame :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Stephen Carpenter from Deftones - Ambassador 2006

Jason Mendonca from Akercocke - Voodoo 2007?

Don't have an autograph, but have a video of something we asked Micheal Romeo of Symphony X to do for a friend. - Blackburn 200...7? Last date of the Dream Theater tour.

And yes, I realise you've bolded legends, OP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i've loads, but coolest was Lou Reed in the alley @ the Olympia. 2pm, 2001. just me - still got the pen.. the dude went in n got me 2 tickets too! after a big swig of Evian. asked for a guest list slot, same deal i guess

-who wants to buy rob flynn's? not so rare.. the deluge of hunters outside the bus before SFX '93

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I have the autograph of a man who is an absolute legend/hero to me... Joe Satriani, by far the greatest guitar player to ever pick up an instrument:cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I have a picture with Max Cavelara in Disney land San Diego. No lie.

I have a picture with Max Cavelara in Disney land San Diego. No lie.

thats not somewhere you'd expect to see him!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

thats not somewhere you'd expect to see him!!:pac:

He was on a day out with the kids and Gloria.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

All members of Nightwish with the exception of Anette.
    Mark Jansen, Arien Van Weesenbeek and Yves Huts from Epica
    All members of Stream of Passion
    All members of Within Temptation
    Not exactly legends to most people, but to me they are :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

I have all of Korns,

All of Puddle of muds(....)

All of DragonForce.

and boyzones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

and boyzones.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

The only autograph I have is Slash's.

But I have met a lot of rockers.. like:

Cacrcuss, Exodus, Matt Sorum (GnR), Dizzy Reed (Gnr), Gilby Clarke (GnR), Teddy ZigZag (GnR), L.A Guns, Glen Hughs (Deep Purple), Kerry King(Slayer), Nick St Nicholas (Steppenwolf), Chad Smith (RHCP), Matt Tuck (Bullet for my Valentine), Funeral for a Friend, Rod Smallwood (Iron Maidens Manager), Alice in Chains, Chris Holmes (W.A.S.P), Dave Alford (Ratt) ...

That's all I can think of at the moment..

I would have love to have met Phil Lynott.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I have all of Korns.

Zomg! You met Jonathon Davis?? I'm so ****ing jealous! Was he sound?

I have Phil Anselmo's along with the rest of Down: Rex Brown (who's also legend cos he was in one of my fave bands Pantera), Kirk Windstein and Pepper Keenan. I didn't get Jimmy Bower's but there's a pic of me posted here with his drumstick. I got Rex's plectrum too :D Met them twice after both Down gigs in June.

I met Static X too and got a couple of autographs from some of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭evillive

have some cool ones, memories of great gigs

kirk hammett and the first danzig album signed by the band from the AJFA tour in 88
    slash, gilby and matt from slane 92
    my favourite guitarist - eric sardinas
    got a tshirt signed by vince neil in vegas earlier this year
    the one that is irreplaceable though is a drumstick i caught in the crowd and then got signed by randy castillo when ozzy played mcgonagles in the early 90s got zakk's too, ozzy had a toddler either jack or kelly on his shoulders and wasnt signing any!!

fave piece of memorabilia is a harmonica chucked into the crowd by chris robinson when the crowes played the sfx

ah i completely forgot iv Mike Portnoy from Dream Theaters autograph:cool::cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

My brother has Angus, Malcolm, Brian, Cliff and I'm not sure if its Chris Slade's or Phil Rudd's signatures on an old AC/DC vinyl album cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Got Phils and Kirks from Down autographs, and one of Rex's plecs.
    Got most of Deftones and Oneminutesilence autographs from the SFX gig years ago.
    Got the lads from Therapy? to sign some of the Therapy? vinyl I have at in instore in Dublin, went up to Belfast for the instore gig for the last album, was the last in line for autographs, really nice guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

I have Lita Fords Autograph on a crap B+W poster from when she was signing in the Virgin Megastore late 80's/ Early 90's :eek::D:D:D:D

Also have Bruce Dickinsons autograph on the Live in Rio DVD.... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Kevski

Met all the guys from Metallica earlier this year. They were pretty cool - signed some stuff and got in photos etc.!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Kerry King guitar pick (from SoH tour in Top Hat, 1988)
    Nicko McBrain drumstick & autograph (from a drum expo in the SFX about 1989 or so)
    Alice in Chains autographs (all IIRC) from when they played with Megadeth in the POint in the early 90s
    I met Jim Martin on Dame St. prior to a Trinners Ball in 1992 and had a grand little chat with him (he was wearing two pairs of glasses!)
    Me and some mates hung out with Mordred in 1992 during their soundcheck (in McGons) - sound guys - spent most of the day with them and got a nice thanks during the gig.
    Met the guys from Acid Reign and Reanimator IIRC but don't really remember much!
    I used to see Philo fairly regularly when I was a kid. Was a nice fella despite what our parents kept telling us!
    There are more but I don't recall.

Advertisement