Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Time Part 1 (New Trailer)

Options
  • 07-12-2009 3:04pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Suppose this could be used as a general preview / promotional thread? Above is the latest trailer (not too spoilery); not too much is given away in it - we already know the Master's in it, as are the Ood.

Suppose we get a sense of how the Master comes back in the first place; some cabal of believers are seen activating some kind of mcGuffin, Hellboy style...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

"Christmas is cancelled!" *cringe*
    Asbo Force Lightening!

Being the RTD Kitchen Sink to end all Kitchen Sinks, I don't have too much hope for this. But I guess only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Did anyone else sit up a little when he said "Prepare the (Star)Gate" :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

DaPoolRulz wrote: »

Not star gate that would be the
    Immortality Gate
    ;)

Notice
    the master with a collar around his neck?
    Who's controlling him then???

Cant say any more:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Raidenshred

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    A little, but it doesn't look like it spins.
    Spinning is better than not-spinning, as certain high-ranking generals have pointed out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,320 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

lets not forget these guys who will be turning up

SPOILER ALERT!!!

SPOILER PIC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Gah! Want to watch but don't want to see anything at all till I can watch the whole thing.. Damn temptation!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm still hoping for a kinda
    The Master is brought back because he's the only one who can stop the Doctor

story.

I'm still hoping for a kinda
    The Master is brought back because he's the only one who can stop the Doctor

story.

Sadly , just like some doctor/master stories ,
    they have to work together to bring down a more evil thing
    but does it end as we think............

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Another clip for ye. I should warn you, it has Russell T Davies "comedy" in it:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

More melodrama, this time featuring fewer camp OAPs:

• Advertisement

The Master Attacks?

Who let him off his leash then?

Spoiler Pic 1

Spoiler Pic 2

Spoiler Pic 3
    "THERE IS ONLY ... THE MASTER-RACE"
    ;)
    Wilf!
    :eek: Didn't see that coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

I think this is a newish trailer. Was shown yesterday anyway.

I'm loving the return of the drums references and the added restraints on the Master!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well everything I've seen makes me less and less hopeful :) It looks like RTD is going for his usual OTT nonsense that he serves up with his weak season finales. Ah well, he's almost gone...

Well it is "the End of Time". Man RTD has the subtly of a brick, I suppose the only good thing is that you can't escalate the threat any further at this point :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

"The end of 11 dimensional spacetime".

Mostly meh but I enjoyed the last few minutes. Can't go wrong with a planet full of John Simms and Timelords :)

Wow, I thought that was very good, I have to say.

The human race is gone, replaced by 'The Master-Race', and the Time Lords are returning.

So far anyway, it hasn't been as OTD as I thought it would, so I'm looking forward to New Years day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

The whole Being John Malkovich thing at the end was very WTF :confused::confused::confused:...

But the last 20 seconds with the
    return of the Timelords
    was EPIC!!:D:D:D

When's part 2? I missed that. :o

New Years Day, so you only have to wait a week to see how it finishes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yaines

The whole Being John Malkovich thing at the end was very WTF :confused::confused::confused:...

But the last 20 seconds with the
    return of the Timelords
    was EPIC!!:D:D:D

New Year's Day. Around about the same time, I think.

I dunno.. It was all very weird. Hard to know where RTD is going with it tbh. But, I agree, the last 20 seconds were very good and I think next week's should be interesting. I wonder will any other former companions make an appearance? And
    how will Donna survive remembering everything? Put her in the Immortality Gate, I suppose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

very meh for me too, huge letdown compared to last series of torchwood

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Meh even by the standard set by the season 3 & 4 conclusions - I spent rather a lot of the episode wondering if it was actually the second part of a story whose first part I hadn't seen.

There might be something interesting in the second part, but thus far it was just more of the RTD staples - ie lots of running and shouting to try and disguise the relative thinness of & lack of coherence in the plot.

RTD promised a full reset for when Moffat takes over.

It appears we are going back to the old-who days of the The Doctor being the "Renegade Timelord" separate and distinct from the rest of the Timelords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

I thought Jiohn Simm gave a perfect performance, and that it was a great episode, with a stonking ending.

But then again, I d'ont read the always negative WHO forums who are always up their own backsides, and can form my own opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I was bored by it after an opening OK few minutes til the end. I was left wondering how this race would reproduce and then Timothy Dalton appeared and piqued my interest for part 2, which, lets face it, we're all going to watch for that scene anyway.

The Master wrote: »
    RTD promised a full reset for when Moffat takes over.

It appears we are going back to the old-who days of the The Doctor being the "Renegade Timelord" separate and distinct from the rest of the Timelords.

It would be good if it really as the "end of time" and not just another "It's the end of the world but not really" copout.

I wonder if a full reset would also mean that Matt Smith would be an alternate timeline 9th Doctor as opposed to the 11th Doctor :) Though it would suck not getting to see David Tennant regenerating into Matt Smith.

Stark wrote: »
    It would be good if it really as the "end of time" and not just another "It's the end of the world but not really" copout.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I enjoyed it but it was definitely not as good as Waters of Mars. A bit too much RTD tom foolery for my liking!

I thought it was a good set up episode though, I'm really excited about the next one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I certainly assumed that by full reset he meant that everything would revert to the status quo canonically, rather than it not ever happening. I'd be pissed if they handwaved the entirity of new-who away as "but none of this actually happened, and this happened instead!"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Was a bit meh pacing wise with a few nice moments.
    I like the way things are just generally really ****ty for the doctor lately and he realises it's because he's not getting human companionship.

Advertisement