Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Media harddrives are they up to much

• 07-12-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

Was going to go down the route of building a media pc nothing special just some computer parts I have lying around and might get a decent sound card. But looking at media HDD's on ebay and they seem quite reasonable. Question is the quaility.

I have a basic enough 32" TV with scart/composite video input. My sound system is a bit better with 5.1 sony amp and floorstanders. Amp takes a digital coax input.

Some of these players have digitail audio outputs and composte video is not really a problem. Does anyone have any experience with them or know what they are like. I'm not concered with HD TV etc more the cound aspect will they affect the sound and will the video be good quaility.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

MM HD are ideal side long companions for modern digital living.
    Some are up to 2TB storage with 4TB's next year so loads of room.
    Sound and picture is mostly reliant on your file content so any are good.
    You might also look at the micro PC's currently available , ASUS, Viewsonic etc.
    Extremely small form's and are about half the size of a Wii.

>Sol

Advertisement