Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else apply speech therapy masters?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

anybody else here apply for the MSc speech and language therapy this year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Piriz

Hi, i applied to the OT one, its hard to get any feedback from any current or perspective students on these conversion courses on boards.ie. i tried a few months ago and got nothing.
    I'd imagine there were lots (i.e. a few hundred applicants) to both courses.
    I tried to apply online on Thursday last and their network system had crashed due to the traffic using it.
    I wish you the best of luck...its a very competitive course to get placed onto...might see ya at the interviews in march!

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Piriz wrote: »
    Hi, i applied to the OT one, its hard to get any feedback from any current or perspective students on these conversion courses on boards.ie. i tried a few months ago and got nothing.
    I'd imagine there were lots (i.e. a few hundred applicants) to both courses.
    I tried to apply online on Thursday last and their network system had crashed due to the traffic using it.
    I wish you the best of luck...its a very competitive course to get placed onto...might see ya at the interviews in march!

hi thanks for taking the time to wb! ive spoked to a few students on boards here who were super helpful, but i would love to get talkin to other people in our position who are applying this year too. its a pity others dont use this site :S
    both of the courses are very competetive arent they? does the OT course have the same application process? do they do group interviews too??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lady66

Hi I just saw your thread about the MSc in Speech Therapy and I am currently waiting to do an interview for Essex but I dont really have a clue what to expect for the interview so I was wondering if you could give me any information at all if you did the interview in UL or else where.
    Or if you know of any workshops or clinics I could attend to help me gain a little experience before the interview.
    Thanks a million for any info you can give me at all. :-)

hi thanks for taking the time to wb! ive spoked to a few students on boards here who were super helpful, but i would love to get talkin to other people in our position who are applying this year too. its a pity others dont use this site :S
    both of the courses are very competetive arent they? does the OT course have the same application process? do they do group interviews too??

Hey did you get placement? i didnt unfortunately, looking at the UK now, whats your plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 actingthegoat

Hiya Piriz,
    Just saw your post,I interviewed for the MSc OT last year and didnt get it,you have my full sympathies as I know ow gutted I was this time last year. Was debating what to do so I applied again and got it this time,delighted. What I would say to you is that they asked all the exact same questions both years,even down to the same case study,so if you're thinking of appplying again make sure to write down now any of the q's you can remember so that you'll have them for next year. It's a bitch of an interview and I was dreading doing it a second time but glad I did now. hope this helps :)

• Advertisement

Hey did you get placement? i didnt unfortunately, looking at the UK now, whats your plan?

no i didnt get in :( gutted.... im gonna just apply again next year as i dont want to go to the uk

no i didnt get in :( gutted.... im gonna just apply again next year as i dont want to go to the uk

hey moretothegirl,

i rang up and asked for feedback about my interview, i suggest you do the same, i only missed it by 2 points i was told, i know i can get it no problem next year if i apply again as i know what i need to improve on...good luck!
    still considering the UK tho...:)

hey moretothegirl,

i rang up and asked for feedback about my interview, i suggest you do the same, i only missed it by 2 points i was told, i know i can get it no problem next year if i apply again as i know what i need to improve on...good luck!
    still considering the UK tho...:)

hi piriz, thats a good idea thanks, how much detailed info did they give you on your feedback?

thanks :) i am considering uk too but still not sure... its a tough decision

Advertisement