Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Airport - From Arrivals to Bus Stop

• 07-12-2009 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I need some help with this as I'm not very familiar with the airport.

I'm arriving home on the 17th Dec for Christmas with Aer Lingus from Spain. The thing is my flight arrives in at 22.05 and the last Citylink bus goes to Galway at 22.30. The next bus is at 00.45 and it's obviously better if I don't wait that long. At the moment Citylink is doing Galway - Airport €10 return. Gobus have one at 22.45 but it costs €23.

Do ye think I'll have enough time to get to the bus (Including baggage collection & passport control)?

Thanks for your help!

Comments

Depends...

If you arrive via the B gates, then that's fairly straightforward, close to the baggage reclaim. A gates are a bit further away, but still short enough to make it. If you arrive via the D gates, then that would be pushing it, as they are a good 10 minute walk to the garda checkpoint, more teh further down the gates you are.

All the above are subject to no problems with Garda checkpoint and/or Customs, of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Enigma'

25 mins from the gate to the bus is tight, possibly too tight. A lot will depend on how long it takes for the luggage to come through.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Thanks. Yea it's the passport check that worries me. I don't travel through the airport often but in 2007 it took over an hour and this was at 10pm. I had to spend the night in Dublin which cost a bit as there was something on that night and everywhere was booked up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Enigma' wrote: »
    25 mins from the gate to the bus is tight, possibly too tight. A lot will depend on how long it takes for the luggage to come through.

I personally don't think you will make the Bus, the baggae waiting times have increased since cut backs in Dublin airport. I flew in from Portugal at night aand was waiting for almost 60minutes to get my bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Not a hope I'd say to be honest unless the flight's early.

Hand baggage only maybe, but not if you have bags to collect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭schween

Thanks guys, I think I'll go with the 00.45 bus. It's only a 2 hour wait, I'll bring a book and I'll be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

last 2 times have got through in less than 20 mins.

Passport these days is fine in general, and if your coming from Pier D your bags are generally there in the time it takes to walk the million miles to the baggage reclaim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

If you arrive on time, your only concern will be your luggage. it is a bit of a lottery, you could turn up at baggage reclaim and your luggage be waiting for you, or you could be waiting 30 minutes.

Best play safe and go for the later bus.

Advertisement