Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainbow, on a full moon night

Options
  • 07-12-2009 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has seen one, but during the week I was out, can't remember if it was Wednesday or Thursday night. There was an absolutely massive moon, and a rainbow! I thought first one end of it was a light from the village in the distance, but I took more notice of it and could follow the curve all the way around until it met the ground again.

ATB,

John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

Lucky you, I've never even heard of such a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I'm thinking it was Wednesday night, as I was leaving Galway city for home that day and took particular notice of the size of the moon, like something you'd see on TV in distant places. I actually forgot about until I started reading this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

johngalway wrote: »
    Hi,

I don't know if anyone else has seen one, but during the week I was out, can't remember if it was Wednesday or Thursday night. There was an absolutely massive moon, and a rainbow! I thought first one end of it was a light from the village in the distance, but I took more notice of it and could follow the curve all the way around until it met the ground again.

ATB,

John

Yes me too see below:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055758810

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Nice one Homer :D They're a fantastic sight. I'm often out at night so I'll have to keep a better eye out for them. I'm kicking myself as I did have my camera with me and never thought of it at the time, D'oh!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In early December a few years ago I saw a white rainbow. I had no idea these existed. The light effects that day were astounding; driving in and out of mist and fog into dazzling sun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement