Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplies for a Christmas project?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

This is probably waaayy too late but I want to get my dad a CD/DVD holder and since I can't find a small, good-looking one I thought I'd make it myself. I want to use a good piece of hardwood and possibly do something a little different like have a push-in-and-pop-out mechanism for the DVDs (my dad's a bit of "maker" and this is exactly the sort of thing he'd do).

Two questions:
    - I've seen these inserts for creating a pop-out DVD rack but I doubt whether they'd arrive in time from the U.S. Any ideas where I might find them (or something similar) locally in Cork (yeah, right) or online in UK/Ireland?

- It seems "Woodies" don't really supply wood, just pre-made doors, shelves etc. I see that http://www.abbeywoods.ie/Index.htm have a place in Cork... Is there anyone else I should try too?

Any ideas appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭cork1

brooks in togher have a good stock of hardwood. heitons would have alot of the main hardwoods(teak,mahogany,oak) o sullivans brothers in hollyhill also do it. but theyre all rough they will need machining down .

Advertisement