Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Massey 188 Wide Wheels needed

• 07-12-2009 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi,

I'm in the middle of giving my Massey 188 a face lift. The rims are rusted to nothing and need to be replaced. It has the orginal weights and skinny rims 13.6 - 38 on. The rims need to be replaced and I would like to keep the weights and put new rims that will take a wider tyre.

Does anyone know if the wider rim can be got to fit the weights and where i might get them.

Many thanks

Jamie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

jesus she has no face at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭hammer73

Try agrigear, they know everything there is to know about tyres and rims

Agri-Gear Ltd.
    Kells Road
    Baileborough, Co. Cavan
    Ireland
    Ph: 042 9666444

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Sisu200

Conaty in Kells, or Tommy Shannon Killashandra, sorry have not the no.s to hand but you can get them thru any directory enquires,

Your best bet is to try and get a set of rims of a French 590

Please dont take think I'm been funny, I have a 188 like that and it has weighted wheels, but they are 13.6 x 36,

Did you replace the casting on the front axle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Zebra

Thanks for the advise lads I'll call them.

Yea the front casting was replaced a few years back, a young fellow was spreading slurry with it and must have been driving the ring out of it cos he hit a bump and snapped the cast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭Sisu200

Do you mind me asking where you got the casting, the casting center pin in mine is worn out, bushings etc etc, it's a mess

• Advertisement

We got it from our local machinery dealer in tipp town. It's easy enough get parts for them, I just put new bushes and a a full kit for the power stearing.

The only thing i need to find now are the wider rims..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 gingerbushman

Looking at the picture, you have done alot work to it, any chance you could update the photos as you progress as it looks to be a big job, Best of luck with the big wheels:D

Thanks for interest Gingerbushman.
    We sprayed the tractor last week and started to reassemble it.

Hope the bonnet and Mudguards will be put on during the Xmas.
    and we'll make a start at the Cab in the New year.

Good photos, best of luck with it seems to be coming on great, Did you do all the work yourself or did you get a professional to sray it for you, It looks excellent. I am going to start at my one during the christmas, getting all the bits from QTP, where did you get your bits?

Myself and a friend sprayed it, Got all of the parts from QTP thru another friend.

• Advertisement

How much tinners did you put in the paint and how soft had you the gun set?

We put the paint on good and heavy mixed it 95% - 5%

I'd say your friend srayed it:D

Ha ha ha. Nice one. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

Zebra wrote: »
    Thanks for interest Gingerbushman.
    We sprayed the tractor last week and started to reassemble it.

Hope the bonnet and Mudguards will be put on during the Xmas.
    and we'll make a start at the Cab in the New year.

thanks for sharing keep us up dated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭DanFindy

Keep er original lad with the weighted centres painted red and the rims silver, throw away the cab and fit mudguards only.......super cool, keep us updated i must post the pics of my tvo restoration too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Lovely job with the restoration.;) Well done. Does it have a flexi cab?

Is their any crowd in Ireland that supply original type flexi cabs for MFs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

DanFindy wrote: »
    Keep er original lad with the weighted centres painted red and the rims silver, throw away the cab and fit mudguards only.......super cool, keep us updated i must post the pics of my tvo restoration too ;)

why does everyone do this??

"I'll only restore the easy bolt on bits"

"sure the safety cab regulations dont matter anymore"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

HI

nice job. dont use that front grill though. the origional grill had the spacings of the silver and black done evenly. most aftermarket ones have skinnier silver strips. if you look i bet there is a gap where the head lamp cowls meet the grill. qtp will exchange it for the correct one as thos ones have been discontinued.

what size rims do you want exactly. i might know where ther is a set

I'm looking for 16.9 x 34, I think they are the same on the 590.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭roadtripman

Your doing an excellent job on the 188, look forward to seeing the finished article, on the wheel front try Richard Moynan and Neville Stanley both in Laois, sorry dont have numbers, try Richard first, he has loads of stuff for 100 series mf's.

Advertisement