Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem.. pool of water on kitchen floor

• 07-12-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

OK, we have a problem there is a pool of water on kitchen floor,, we mop it up in the morning and it stays away, but when we getup the next day, the pool of water has returned, there are no water pipes under the area, the ceiling isn't leaking... just wondering if anyone has ideas as to why it's happening

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭JackieRyan

Is the floor tiled ,had the same problem with my kitchen floor a few months ago ,it turned out the actual leak was about 5 feet away from where we were seeing the water, hope this helps you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭CamperMan

yes, the floor is tiled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Mop it up so it is dry, then sprinkle talcum powder over the whole area and see where it is coming from, it could be following a grout line.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Mop it up so it is dry, then sprinkle talcum powder over the whole area and see where it is coming from, it could be following a grout line.

thanks... will try that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

CJhaughey wrote: »

Nice tip !;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Does it happen only when it's raining, We had a similar problem in our kitchen and after eliminating a leak from elsewhere we discovered that rainwater was seeping in under the window board before running to the middle of the floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,408 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Where does the dog sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

muffler wrote: »

Oh yeah blame the dog....he he he:D:D

muffler wrote: »

Muffler.... we don't have a dog.. and the cat does not sleep in the kitchen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I think you should try the 'Fat Lady' trick as mentioned above, it also works with flour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I had one appear about 2 foot from the fridge on a grout line.
    It would not leave a trail as the fridge has a fan at the bottom which would dry up the 'tail', so we had to guess it's origin.
    Turned out the fridge was urinating as the overflow tray was full...

10-10-20 wrote: »
    I had one appear about 2 foot from the fridge on a grout line.
    It would not leave a trail as the fridge has a fan at the bottom which would dry up the 'tail', so we had to guess it's origin.
    Turned out the fridge was urinating as the overflow tray was full...

you could be right... the fridge is inline on the opposite side of the said puddle.. I will look at this. Thanks

Advertisement