Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for a Christmas tree in Galway city?

• 07-12-2009 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,

I've decided to go for a real tree this year for the first time since moving to Galway.

Where is best to get one? I'd prefer to buy it from a reputable source if possible as oppsed to buying one that's been thieved from a forest somewhere as can happen in my hometown!

Also; how much is a real tree nowadays?? I only need an average/small sized one :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Just noticed on my way to work that they are selling them in Trappers car park on the Tuam rd. No idea how good they are or prices though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭kellsum

Depends on where you are but I find Coillte (behind b & q) to be the best to be honest but they are a little on the expensive side but you know that they are getting a good tree. You also get a sapling of an Ash tree so essentially you plant a tree for every tree that has been cut down.

So but for a smallish tree you'd expect to pay around €35

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Do Coillte have a christmas tree depot anywhere in the city for Christmas?? I know they do it in other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Kellsum you beat me to it :D

Coillte in Galway; excellent; off to Knocknacarra for me then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

http://www.advertiser.ie/galway/classifiedlistresults/For%20Sales_Wanted/christmas+trees/0

Google Christmas tree farm and choose whoever is closest to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EZeeBOS

GalwayTreeCollection.com will come and collect if after Chrimbo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

keanes garden centre? headfrd road tho, its a bit outa the way

Advertisement