Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application that identifies hardware on machine

Options
  • 07-12-2009 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I had an application on my computer that told me what hardware I had installed on the computer. It was handy for finding out the type of ram and motherboard etc.

The name of it escapes me though. Could anyone make some suggestions for a windows app that does this?

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

CPU Z is pretty good

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

Also I like Speccy, it is a new program still in beta, works great on my 32 bit XP laptop, on my 64 bit Vista desktop, not so much.

http://www.piriform.com/speccy

Tonnes of other ones out there as well

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roberthurley14

if u dont need THAT detailed info a dxdiag.exe typed into run is handy enuffs, or if u like spending monies get 3Dmark (or dl) but thats illegal........*cough**...........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

SiSoft Sandra or Belarc Advisor also.. or msinfo32 from Run Command

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

John_Mc wrote: »
    Hi,

I had an application on my computer that told me what hardware I had installed on the computer. It was handy for finding out the type of ram and motherboard etc.

The name of it escapes me though. Could anyone make some suggestions for a windows app that does this?

Thanks,

I had that problem too.

I eventually remembered Berlac :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Thanks lads, downloaded Speccy and it does the job nicely.

• Advertisement
Advertisement