Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fragrance for Mum (Christmas Pressie)

• 07-12-2009 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Does anyone have any advice on what fragrance to buy for my mother for Christmas?

Shes in her 50s and has previously worh Angel by Thierry Mugler.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Would this be a perfume that your mum would be wearing everyday? Or just one for special occasions etc?

If it's an everyday perfume that you're looking for, I'd recommend DKNY Red Delicious. I bought it for my mammy for her birthday and she loves it :) i think she has that Angel perfume too, because when I googled it the bottle looked very familiar. Red Delicious smells very fresh and lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lotusflower

I got red delicious as a birthday present and the smell actually makes me queezy :( suppose everyone likes different smells though. I love coco mademoiselle if that's any help but you'd probably be best to go into a shop and have a smell around :) i always find my mum likes the same basic things as me so hopefully you'll be the same :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

emm try anais anais or loulou my mam loves both. My dad was saying he got loulou for €10 in the perfume shop last week which is a great price he bought 5 lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

My Mam loves Eternity, and I've been told that as an evening perfume you can't go too wrong with Chanel no. 5

I got red delicious as a birthday present and the smell actually makes me queezy :( suppose everyone likes different smells though. I love coco mademoiselle if that's any help but you'd probably be best to go into a shop and have a smell around :) i always find my mum likes the same basic things as me so hopefully you'll be the same :)

Yeh I can't stand the red be delicious (sorry!) but coco mademoiselle is my fave. It's a classic scent. I think it's a perfect present.

The new Marc Jacobs one is really nice also, Lola. It's a fab bottle too!!!

Marc_Jacobs_perfume_Lola.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Narciso Rodriguez for Her is really gorgeous. I bought it for my mam for her 50th and she gets compliments on it whenever she wears it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭dubdcugirly

Euphoria by calvin klien...my mam is 60 next year and swears by it, and I have to say as a 20 year old I would regularly go in for a little spray myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Anais anais or Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

D & G light Blue
    Versache Bright Crystal
    Tommy Hilfieger Daydreamer ( This one is gorgeous)
    Bvlgari Omni Crystalline ( Favourite one)

My mum always robs one of these when shes over despite saying" I dont like your perfume "( in the way only a mother would get away with saying):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭cch

Ooh Angel is such a love-it-or-hate-it scent, isn't it? :D
    What about something else by Thierry Mugler?
    Or Estee Lauder Sensuous is very similar to Angel (actually maybe that's not a good idea in case one compares badly to the other!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

My Mam is 70+ (I was a late baby:(:)) I bought her Armani Code, it is very feminine fresh scent and will thus suit her to a tee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

One of the Chanel ones? My mum wears Chanel No 5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Elizabeth Arden's Red Door

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

My mam was hinting to me just last week about the new Chanel. Apparently it's in a black bottle. So that's what will be bought for her! :)

You can't really go wrong with anything Chanel though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Estee Lauder Beautiful or Beautiful Sheer!!

I love the Beautiful Sheer myself!

I bought my mammy Armani Diamonds last year in the hope she wouldn't like it and I could wear it myself (:p) but to my dismay she loves it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Fashionista:)

Gucci by Gucci. Loverly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Redpunto wrote: »
    One of the Chanel ones? My mum wears Chanel No 5

Really don't think you can go wrong with Chanel.
    I love Chanel Chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Around how much do the Chanel ones cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

cAr0l wrote: »
    Really don't think you can go wrong with Chanel.
    I love Chanel Chance.

Thanks for all the replies. I bought her Chanel No 5 in the end. A 100ml bottle cost €108.

Advertisement