Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 webtext (I need more group texts)

• 07-12-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

Currently I have the free texts to all networks plan on my speakeasy plan. I want to use their webtext function to send my group texts from now on.

I see that you are allowed 250 free webtexts per calander month, then when you exceed this its 10c per text thereafter.

Will this mean that I cannot use my free text bundle on the webtext??
    :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You will be charged all right, but it was raised with them awhile back iirc. Dont think anything came of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

Such a joke tbh. I mean whats the point of synching your phone up to the webtext service when you've free text bundle..only to have a 250 free text limit. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Why dont you set up groups in the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lotusflower

Davy wrote: »
    Why dont you set up groups in the phone?

Think that's your best option :)

Sorry, I did'nt give the full Story.

I'm getting a N900 and since it does not support the ability to create groups....I was told about the o2 webtext.

Sending group texts is extremely important for my line of business, so I thought the webtext function might be a solution.

However, I can just use my current N95 phone and put the sim back into it whenever I want to send a group text.

• Advertisement

Vodafone give you 600 a month if thats any use to you.

Davy wrote: »
    Vodafone give you 600 a month if thats any use to you.

Cheers bud, but I send about 300 a week in group texts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

You could maybe try one of the bulk SMS providers such as smsdiscount (not used them myself) along with the mobile version of www.cabbagetexter.com ?

Random wrote: »
    You could maybe try one of the bulk SMS providers such as smsdiscount (not used them myself) along with the mobile version of www.cabbagetexter.com ?

how does that work? Been able to send Free texts from www.cabbagetexter.com?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Basically Cabbage is a program that lets you send your webtexts without having to login to the website each time. It streamlines the whole process to only a few seconds. It also supports group texts.

Now, this won't get you around the 250 limit but Cabbage also supports services such as the bulk SMS provided by SMSDiscount so you can buy cheaper texts and send them as group texts through Cabbage.

It's not a free alternative but it's potentially a cheaper one.

I'm not familiar with your phone a great deal but have you checked to make sure there's no software out for group texts from the phone or any software upgrades which may add the feature?

• Advertisement

Random wrote: »
    Basically Cabbage is a program that lets you send your webtexts without having to login to the website each time. It streamlines the whole process to only a few seconds. It also supports group texts.

Now, this won't get you around the 250 limit but Cabbage also supports services such as the bulk SMS provided by SMSDiscount so you can buy cheaper texts and send them as group texts through Cabbage.

It's not a free alternative but it's potentially a cheaper one.

I'm not familiar with your phone a great deal but have you checked to make sure there's no software out for group texts from the phone or any software upgrades which may add the feature?

Havn't got the N900 yet....well actually no one has yet in Ireland as its still not available.

Basically the out of the box firmware doe'nst suppost group texts, but I'm sure down the line it will.

yeah SMSdiscount and cabbage does sound a good possible alternative solution it things fail to materialise.

Advertisement