Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Beach X41

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭j14

I picked up the X41's in Game Liffey Valley and they rock.

I think the chat cable will need to be sorted but that was one instance when I lost xbox live chat for about 10 mins. I disconnected everything and it was working fine when I set it back up agian.

I was listening to Family Guy: Something, Something, Something Darkside last night in Surround Sound, QUALITY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

j14 wrote: »
    I picked up the X41's in Game Liffey Valley and they rock.

how much did you pay for them?

pvt.joker wrote: »
    how much did you pay for them?

They cost €189.99, I had a load of vouchers from xmas so I used them. I couldn't pay that in cash though. Using the vouchers to buy them didn't seem so bad if that makes sense?!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Tried Blanch today for the X1s for 60e, they only had the ones that were 189.00 the x41s I think. Tried both GameStop,Game and PC World,Game had the x41s.

Reason I didn`t pick them up is the price(way off my budget) and on a review I was reading they said they go through batteries pretty fast. Turtle Beach say you should get 24hrs battery life out of it,which is a bit meh,why not just include rechargeable ones? :confused:Is this true for anyone that has them? Find yourself buying batteries a lot?

Anyway gonna keep trying,Game saidd they should have them back soon,guy in teh shop said I just missed the last pair. :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Yeh i tryed game today aswell, but no luck :(

• Advertisement

seanbmc wrote: »

Reason I didn`t pick them up is the price(way off my budget) and on a review I was reading they said they go through batteries pretty fast. Turtle Beach say you should get 24hrs battery life out of it,which is a bit meh,why not just include rechargeable ones? :confused:Is this true for anyone that has them? Find yourself buying batteries a lot?
    QUOTE]

I went to Atlantic Homecare in Liffey Valley and picked up a rechargeable Batteries kit for €8.99 (including 4 AA size batteries) and then bought 4 AAA rechargeables for the headset.

Atlantic have 20% off all batteries at the moment so it worked out at about €18.

I found the Head set does use the batteries fairly quickly but my living circumstances mean I use the head set to watch movies at night also so they are not just for the 360.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I picked up a set of X41s before Christmas and am very happy with them.
    Standard AAA batteries give me about 10-12 hours but I use LSD NIMH
    like these http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8980
    and get approx 8 hours usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭May Feign

sorry for digging up an old thread
    seriously considering buying these
    can someone elaborate though on how they cause problems for you if you have a wireless set up.
    my router is downstairs,my xbox is connected to it via the wireless dongle. xbox is connected to me tv via the hdmi cable (the one with the 6 pins) not the newer hd cable as my xbos is the older version (dont know if this makes any difference to the headset)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

whats the cheapest wireless turtle beaches you can get? dont think id stand the extra cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭gtg60

Has anyone here upgraded from X4's to X41's?

I have a set of X4's and they are great, well worth the money! Although I am seriously considering changing to the X41's BUT are they much better?

• Advertisement

are the x4's wireless?

May Feign wrote: »
    are the x4's wireless?

Yes by IR.

feck it, me minds made,i'm buying them tomorrow. have watched a good few reviews on youtube about these badboys.
    180-190 quid is a lot to spend on a headset (especially when you're on the rock n roll) but these are meant to be awesome

i assume maplin would stock these?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

feck it, me minds made,i'm buying them tomorrow. have watched a good few reviews on youtube about these badboys.
    180-190 quid is a lot to spend on a headset (especially when you're on the rock n roll) but these are meant to be awesome

i assume maplin would stock these?

MY router is right next to my xbox so wireless headsets aren't worth the hassle for me. Is there a wired version of the x41?

i dont think so. there is one called the astros a40 which are wired and are meant to be th ebest out there,but being the supposed best also makes them about 50 notes dearer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

MY router is right next to my xbox so wireless headsets aren't worth the hassle for me. Is there a wired version of the x41?

Theres the X1s,they are wired and awesome :). You don`t have to keep replacing the batteries and they only cost 60-70 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep can't say enough good things about the X1s. Paid €55 for them on eBay and they're brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Yep can't say enough good things about the X1s. Paid €55 for them on eBay and they're brilliant.

They're only stereo. Although they look good. Do want to try and get ones with the surround sound.

Good price, shipping's a little pricey though.

• Advertisement

yeah, 21 gbp,but even the cheapest on ebay is still the same price when you factor in the postage
    my mate in dublin was in Game yesterday in dundrum,they had them boxed for €205 , robbing cnuts

Still wondering if anybody here has upgraded from the X4's to X41's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭shawpower

They're only stereo. Although they look good. Do want to try and get ones with the surround sound.

They are only stereo, but they are still savage headphones. Also, the difference between stereo v surround sound isn't huge really.

Check out this youtube video. Bit at the end discusses the difference a bit.

bastarding company sent me an email saying their stock was damaged and refunded me
    got them on amazon instead,no hope of them being here for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Anyone try the Tritton AX720? Was thinking of picking them up purely because the headset, mic included, works on PS3 and Xbox. Anyone see them around town or would getting them online be my only option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

gtg60 wrote: »
    Still wondering if anybody here has upgraded from the X4's to X41's?

Going by any reviews I've read i wouldn't say its worth the cost. Sound quality is supposed to be pretty much the same.

And to people getting these, if you want to use HDMI and the optical out at the same time you gotta crack open the video cable. Here's a Youtube

Its either that or give MS about 30 quid for an adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Setting up my X41's now :D

Only 180 in Gamestop, 205 in GAME, rip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Undead wrote: »
    Setting up my X41's now :D

Only 180 in Gamestop, 205 in GAME, rip!

Recession , What recession ???? :D

Seriously though just how good is the sound off these? I have used surround headsets before that just used srs to fake it and found them to be rubbish, but these use legit dolby to produce surround?

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

calex71 wrote: »
    Recession , What recession ???? :D

Seriously though just how good is the sound off these? I have used surround headsets before that just used srs to fake it and found them to be rubbish, but these use legit dolby to produce surround?

Hey I'm 19 living at home with a good job, I'll be damned if i'm not gonna enjoy my money!

The sound is amazing, I'm only using them a couple of hours but you really do feel every shot, explosion and scream etc its really good.

So far only problem is the mic wont work, I'm trying to record voice messages on Xbox Live to test it but when i play the messages back you can barely hear me over the static and noise, not sure if its a faulty chat cable or mic, its not my controller I've tried it with 3 different ones.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Undead wrote: »
    Hey I'm 19 living at home with a good job, I'll be damned if i'm not gonna enjoy my money!

Sorry if that sounded like i was having a go was only intended in jest. Sorry :(

Advertisement