Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know how to go about getting "gold type" mobile number

• 07-12-2009 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭

Anyone able to point me in the right direction where I can get an easy to remember number for a mobile. Not too fussed about what network it would be on.

Looking for something lalong the lines of 08X 1234567 or 08X 5006666 if you get what I mean :)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

go into a phone store and ask to go thru all the sims they have for sale and choose the best no they have - then call the SP and get it converted to a contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

You can't really, its pot luck at the mo. I've an easy one something likE 0860 337 33X . You can't pick your numbers at the moment on any network

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

go into a phone store and ask to go thru all the sims they have for sale and choose the best no they have - then call the SP and get it converted to a contract.

Why convert to a contract? I have a brilliant easy to remember number loads of 1 of digits in a pattern in it, on a prepay its such a great little number I kept it even when I changed SP twice! :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

kiwipower wrote: »
    Why convert to a contract? :-)

if the OP wants a contract!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Genco wrote: »
    Looking for something lalong the lines of 08X 1234567 or 08X 5006666 if you get what I mean :)

Chances of getting a similar number from a network are slim to none. They don't let you purchase numbers any more. You could buy a number from ebay or the likes but be careful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Genco

Dont really want to go the ebay route for something like this and I dont have a preference for prepay or billpay

Guess I was hoping that maybe one of the smaller providers still used this as a way to attract new business :(

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Last Angry Man

Why dont you just pick an operator you like and ask them? The worse they can do is say no. If you go to a store there may be a choise of standard numbers available, one of which you like...

We do it all the time for customers who ask. It really is very easy to get a Gold Number but people rarely ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I managed to pick up an Eircell Diamond number years ago I got it by spending hours sifting through RTG sim packs in various outlets. I have kept it since and have ported it through the different networks. You used to be able to get UK Diamond and Gold numbers on Ebay but they stopped the practice.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    You can't really, its pot luck at the mo. I've an easy one something likE 0860 337 33X . You can't pick your numbers at the moment on any network

that number wont take long to figure out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

godtabh wrote: »
    that number wont take long to figure out!

Nope haha! But its mine, all mine!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement