Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Macroom

Options
  • 07-12-2009 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭

going to be spending new years in macroom this year, and some of my friends are planning on joining me.

i was just wondering what the pubs/clubs are like in macroom?
    fyi we are all in our early 30's

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

corban wrote: »
    going to be spending new years in macroom this year, and some of my friends are planning on joining me.

i was just wondering what the pubs/clubs are like in macroom?
    fyi we are all in our early 30's

In MY opinion, I would change my plans if I were you. I live there, I spent one new years out there and I haven't done it again since.

Again, in MY opinion, there is no atmosphere in any of the pubs there, no live music (apart from Penns which is a dive!) However, Cronins is not a bad spot though it can get a little cramped at times as it's quite small. Most people go to TP Cotters, Cronins and Dineens I think... O Riadas is the WORST niteclub I was ever in and that's saying something!

I have been living there 3 and a half years and have practically given up going out there, we go in to Cork instead. Do a search here on Boards for 'Macroom' and you'll see some of the opinions of some other people though, don't just take my word for it.

Sorry, but that's my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭corban

In MY opinion, I would change my plans if I were you. I live there, I spent one new years out there and I haven't done it again since.

Again, in MY opinion, there is no atmosphere in any of the pubs there, no live music (apart from Penns which is a dive!) However, Cronins is not a bad spot though it can get a little cramped at times as it's quite small. Most people go to TP Cotters, Cronins and Dineens I think... O Riadas is the WORST niteclub I was ever in and that's saying something!

I have been living there 3 and a half years and have practically given up going out there, we go in to Cork instead. Do a search here on Boards for 'Macroom' and you'll see some of the opinions of some other people though, don't just take my word for it.

Sorry, but that's my opinion.

thanks for that, how do you get back from the city, taxi? expensive?

corban wrote: »
    thanks for that, how do you get back from the city, taxi? expensive?

It's expensive enough, most taxi companies (coming out from the city) charge €55, you would probably want to book it early seeing as it's for New Years. You might get it cheaper by getting the taxi to come out from Macroom to pick you up though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

i was in cotters a couple of times, great spot imo

• Registered Users Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭Miaireland

A taxi from Cork Airport to the far side of Macroom was €62.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

macrom isn't a great place to spend new years in, a 1 horse town, anyway all the good looking girls in macroom are back in eastern europe for the holidays :pac: :D

How did NY in Macroom go for you Corban?

Advertisement