Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacon and spice?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I was making a rasher sambo over the weekend, and was looking at my spice shelf while the rashers were gently frying. I've got a load of spices and briefly wondered if adding something like oregano, basil or even cumin to the pan would 'spice' up the rashers. I didn't really want to overpower the bacon though, so I just did nothing. Anyone got any tips for any sort of dried spice that works well with bacon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭d4v1d

i'd always go for a small bit of nutmeg when they're frying. i don't put any herbs directly on to them when they're cooking but i do add some to the cheese before finishing the sambo. and that's exactly what i'm going to make right now. cheers for the idea

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I can't think of any spice that I would like to use with rashers. However, I occasionally do myself a toasted cheese & rasher roll with a few dashes of Tobasco.

Great with a mug of strong tea when you have a hangover. :o

Advertisement