Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanna start a rock band in Dublin?

• 07-12-2009 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

This is Alex.. I'm 28 and I'm trying to start a band

I play bass guitar (and guitar too but I want to play bass in the band) so I'm looking for everyone else: guitar (one or two), drums, vocals,... but don't hesitate if you play something else. I'm really open to all kind of musicians.

I'm looking more for commitment than for virtuosity. I just want people who can play songs but they don't have to be pros, practise a few times a week in Dublin city centre and want to have a good craic.

The plan is to get a few people (about 5) and prepare a few easy covers and once we know each other a bit see how the things evolve.

Influence: everything that can be considered rock in certain way. Some not-too-difficult bands to start could be The Pixies, Nirvana, Interpol, White Stripes, Madness,...

Waiting ofr your answers/PMs
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 mammoth

Hi, I'm a singer/songwriter, I like your influences (esp interpol and pixies) and would be interested in your project but I dont want to do covers...would much prefer to do original stuff...I'm very committed also and have the time to invest...

let me know what you think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 alexconde

mammoth wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a singer/songwriter, I like your influences (esp interpol and pixies) and would be interested in your project but I dont want to do covers...would much prefer to do original stuff...I'm very committed also and have the time to invest...

let me know what you think...

I like doing my own stuff too, but I think that covers are better to start untill we get to know each other a bit. After that the sky is the limit.

I count on you. Send me your contact details in a PM if you want.

Advertisement