Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which of the top four managers will be first to go

• 07-12-2009 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭

Given the debate on Wenger and Rafa which of the "top four" managers will be first to leave or get the sack.

who will be first to go 78 votes

Rafa
    0% 0 votes
    Fergie
    88% 69 votes
    Wenger
    10% 8 votes
    Ancellotti
    1% 1 vote

Comments

RAFA RAFA RAFA OUT OUT OUT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Rafa and Ancellotti both have until the end of the season at least. Wenger and Fergie are both bullet-proof, but may well step down in the next year or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

It is between Rafa and Ancellotti for me.

Coming second and not winning the CL would prob be enough to get Ancellotti to sack.

Rafa will have his fate decided by how Liverpool are looking next May.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Fergie could well retire before any of the other three leave, but I'd expect Ancelotti or Rafa to be the first to go, most probably Rafa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Kess73 wrote: »
    It is between Rafa and Ancellotti for me.

Coming second and not winning the CL would prob be enough to get Ancellotti to sack.

Rafa will have his fate decided by how Liverpool are looking next May.

don't agree - if pool lose ground on 4th then he could be gone in Jan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

I hope its Rafa ... He's definitely served his time at Anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

kida wrote: »
    don't agree - if pool lose ground on 4th then he could be gone in Jan?

Don't think he will be gone in January myself. I do think he will, and should, be given until the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Wenger's contract is up after the 2010/11 season, there is no way he'll be sacked before that. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him walk at that stage though and move on to managing France. Take France on to the 2014 world cup and then retire aged 64.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Knowing Abramovich, he'll tire of Ancelloti, sack him, promote a director of football, sack him, hire and illustrious manager who will misfire, bring Guus Hiddink back for 3 months then hire another illustrious manager... *repeat cycle*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Between Ancelotti and Fergie for me.

For completely different reasons though.

Ancelotti -> Fired by a crazy Russian

Ferguson -> Retires and lols at people trying to equal his achievements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

I voted rafa cause i think he's the one that deserves to go first but i don't think liverpool can afford to sack him and that's their main problem.. i say it could be ancelotti if roman gets bored..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

I think Wenger and ferguson will be long gone (retired) before Rafa has left liverpool. The Chelsea situation is hard to read because they are owned by a guy who seems to think he knows more about football than the manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

I'd expect Ancelotti or Rafa to be the first to go, more likely Rafa, if they don't get up the table soon or Ancelotti if he does not win the PL or the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Ancelotti for me. No matter what he does I see Hiddink coming in in January first as some behind the scenes type who eventually replaces him in the summer (unless he wins the CL of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rafa obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Ancelotti for me. No matter what he does I see Hiddink coming in in January first as some behind the scenes type who eventually replaces him in the summer (unless he wins the CL of course).
    Yes Roman and Ancellotti both want to win champions league. Ancellotti on record as saying its the trophy he wants most. So him staying would probably depend on him winning it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I think Fergie retiring is a possibilty berfore any of them leave or get the chop, but my money is on Rafa to get the boot and be the 1st top 4 manager gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Rafa surely!

Fergies got a few years left in him yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Liverpool stick by their managers, look at how long Roy Evans was let "manage" for. I'd imagine Fergie will retire in the next 3 seasons, Wenger will either stay till he's 64, or retire at the next contract (2010/2011), and I don't see Ancellotti lasting more than 2 seasons at chelsea.

If I was betting, I'd say Ancellotti, Rafa should be gone in January, but won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Surely Ancelotti.

I'm just going by previous events at Chelsea. They've changed more managers than any other "top 4" team of recent years.

He's doing a great job but if past events occur then Ancelotti will be gone next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I'd say Rafa will be booted first, then fergie retires, then Ancelotti leaves, then wenger carries on regardless!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

curry-muff wrote: »
    Rafa surely!

Fergies got a few years left in him yet!
    Think thats up to his wife. Fergie reckons so anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭bladespin

Rafa's riding his luck at the moment IMO but might scrape through, wouldn't be too comfortable if I was Ancellotti and I didn't win at least one major trophy.

MasteryDarts Ireland - Master your game!

Advertisement