Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jackie skellys

Options
  • 07-12-2009 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Thinking of joining with my Wife. They have offer €47 each per month and the kids will be free. I just wanted to know if the place is still some where to avoid. It seams to have got some bad press when it first opened..

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

I think that joining Shoreline would be far far better than JS. I was a member of JS and changed to Shoreline when my membership was up for renewal. I think Shoreline have very good customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

<<snip>> Have had a constant membership drive since opening as hoards sign up and leave for a variety of reasons. Shoreline excellent as is Glenview. Great staff at both. No staff at JS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Guys please don't get personal here.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

I never see any staff around in the gym (apart from the personal trainers who charge extra), never seen any life guard in pool, or any cleaning going on! Suspect my little boy is somehow getting ill every time he uses the pool, but may be a coincidence (about 6/7 times in a row!)

Apart from that the gym has a good variety of equipment and is not very busy, so that's ok. Good if you like it quiet.

Maybe you could negotiate a cheaper deal, worth a try (mention that they do have competition with Shoreline)!! Have a look at both places and see what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Cheers one and all for the replies. Going to see what Shoreline have to offer. Plus prefer it as closer to home for us.

I'll let you know pricing for any one who is interested.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Its pretty much the same price. €99 for the family, unlimited use of all facilities and classes. Only problem is that they do not open until 7 am. I was hoping to get in at 6 and out at 7!!!

Going to take a look at both and see..

Thanks,

Phil

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

I have been a member of Js now for 6 months and have to admit, I cannot fault the place... Its not overcrowded and the facilities are always clean - I would defo reccoment JS Greystones!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

We are members of JS for nearly 10 months now and I have been bringing my daughter since she was 15weeks old and never ever had a problem.

Only gripe is they have no travel cot for young babies in changing room but am sure that would have been dealt with if I pushed it more.

Find staff really friendly and got excellent one to one swimming lessons there.

Also it is lovely to go in the evenings and be able to use equipment without queuing and lane swim in the pool in comfort.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 42 ADK

I have just joined 3 weeks ago and am finding it great. Was a member the first year they opened and didn't use it much so left. Have found new motivation now and love it. I would say that there is more competition now so they have upped their game, I have often seen the changing rooms being cleaned, and the gym is huge compared to shoreline, say it can get pretty crowded there. Haven't used the pool yet and want to bring my 10 month old so will be asking for travel cot. Happy so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

I bought a crosstrainer in Argos. Great value a good alternative to 600 odd a year in gym membership!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

I know some time ago people said that the pool in shoreline was great but the 'free swim' access hours for non members were few and far between, is this still the case?

Advertisement