Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Schoolbooks.ie

• 07-12-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any experience ordering off these guys? Reputable? How much is delivery?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Mary007

Ya I have, just revision books. Honest to god can't remember what postage was but if you go right the way through to order it should tell you before you pay. Quick enough about 3 days I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Our School Book Service:
    Primary School books and Secondary School Books
    Nationwide Delivery (€6.50)
    Stationery and School Bags
    Book Covering Service

Here you go :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

enter code 96fm and get 5%off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Thanks guys, just got an email to say it shipped so hopefully wont take long.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DeeganW

If anyone has any outstanding issues with Schoolbooks.ie and can not get in touch with them, it should be helpful to know that they can be contacted through their "other" name which is AEON Solutions ltd. If you search and find their internet page and click on their "Contact us" tab you will find a phone number and address that they can be contacted on, there is also a photo of the building they occupy if you want to go down there. I'm sure they will be only happy to help anyone who has a problem(hah!)

I made an order with schoolbooks and was left without 2 books which were out of stock, I emailed and rang several times without a reponse over the course of 3 weeks, finally I got through a week and a half ago (only after trying the "new transaction" option on the recording) and demanded a refund seeing as how I had already got the books elsewhere. I was told my refund was processed immediately and that it would be in my account within 3 days. 5 days later and still trying their phone without success I sent another email stating I would be getting on to the National Consumer Authority about them. Then to my horror, today I had a look at the order online and was riled to see that the remaining books were being processed.
    I had enough at this stage and said I was going down to them, arrived at Oak Road, Western Industrial Estate, Dublin 12 and could find no sign of a schoolbooks.ie warehouse. Looked up OakWest house on the internet and noticed that apparently "AOEN Solutions" also occupied this building. I pressed the buzzer at the gates to what looked like a derelict warehouse, to my suprise the gates opened and i drove inside and parked outside the office building, (Huge warehouse & only 3 cars in car park didn't inpspire me with confidence) Walked in and asked if I had found the legendary long lost offices of Schoolbooks.ie and was told Yes!?? How can I help you? Bemused I gave the receptionist my booking number and told her I was due a refund on 2 books. She said they were already sent for delivery but then said she would take the details upstairs (probably after spotting that the vein on my forehead was about to pop). She left me there for about 10 mins during which time I couldn't help but notice that the phone didn't ring once, very annoying considering they will not answer their advertised phone number, after pacing up and down several times the receptionist returned and handed me a cheque straight away and apologised for the confusion. Astonished I said nothing and walked out considering myself lucky to get anything. I would advise anyone in the same situation to contact them in this way, I had to travel from Kildare to Ballymount to get the refund but was worth it just to make sure they didn't get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 DeeganW

Cheque cleared today, amazingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

I would just like to say, before this summer I always used schoolbooks.ie for the odd book here and there and have never had an issue! I was absolutely puzzled by what happened this summer! Doesn't make sense to me! :/ I'm still going to use them in future! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Nothing in this thread that would stop me using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tipp Mum

I'm still waiting on school books after ordering in July ! I got a partial delivery at the end is September . I will never again use them , they haven't answered any emails and I have yet to get through on the phone . I am so sorry I didn't cancel my order in August but naively I believed they would get it sorted and felt sorry for those working there regarding lack of job security as a result of the summer fiasco . I now have 2 children that are without all their books 6 weeks into the new school year . AVOID SCHOOLBOOKS.IE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭kodoherty93

Easons.ie fairly good. They allow laser which is so rare for online site and I ordered on saturday and arrived today. Even though it was a rare book to get.

Plus delivery is free over like €10 which makes it decent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I personally think they're a disgraceful service. Order from Easons.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

DeeganW wrote: »
    If anyone has any outstanding issues with Schoolbooks.ie and can not get in touch with them, it should be helpful to know that they can be contacted through their "other" name which is AEON Solutions ltd. If you search and find their internet page and click on their "Contact us" tab you will find a phone number and address that they can be contacted on, there is also a photo of the building they occupy if you want to go down there. I'm sure they will be only happy to help anyone who has a problem(hah!)

I made an order with schoolbooks and was left without 2 books which were out of stock, I emailed and rang several times without a reponse over the course of 3 weeks, finally I got through a week and a half ago (only after trying the "new transaction" option on the recording) and demanded a refund seeing as how I had already got the books elsewhere. I was told my refund was processed immediately and that it would be in my account within 3 days. 5 days later and still trying their phone without success I sent another email stating I would be getting on to the National Consumer Authority about them. Then to my horror, today I had a look at the order online and was riled to see that the remaining books were being processed.
    I had enough at this stage and said I was going down to them, arrived at Oak Road, Western Industrial Estate, Dublin 12 and could find no sign of a schoolbooks.ie warehouse. Looked up OakWest house on the internet and noticed that apparently "AOEN Solutions" also occupied this building. I pressed the buzzer at the gates to what looked like a derelict warehouse, to my suprise the gates opened and i drove inside and parked outside the office building, (Huge warehouse & only 3 cars in car park didn't inpspire me with confidence) Walked in and asked if I had found the legendary long lost offices of Schoolbooks.ie and was told Yes!?? How can I help you? Bemused I gave the receptionist my booking number and told her I was due a refund on 2 books. She said they were already sent for delivery but then said she would take the details upstairs (probably after spotting that the vein on my forehead was about to pop). She left me there for about 10 mins during which time I couldn't help but notice that the phone didn't ring once, very annoying considering they will not answer their advertised phone number, after pacing up and down several times the receptionist returned and handed me a cheque straight away and apologised for the confusion. Astonished I said nothing and walked out considering myself lucky to get anything. I would advise anyone in the same situation to contact them in this way, I had to travel from Kildare to Ballymount to get the refund but was worth it just to make sure they didn't get away with it.
    spurious wrote: »
    Nothing in this thread that would stop me using them.

Did you read this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Did you read this?

Yes I did, but any orders we put in with them were filled and on time.
    Every business has problems at some time.

This is an Irish owned company who are struggling. I would rather see them get through it than damn them to going out of business and putting who knows how many more people out of work.

Advertisement