Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Lights in Sky Over Wicklow Mountains?

• 07-12-2009 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Just saw several lights dropping from the cloud cover about 1/2 hour ago over the Wicklow Mountains. What were they? :confused: (BTW, I'm not a UFO believer)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Did they look like the UFO here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOLGrXOtuwQ&feature=related - if so keep posting - as long as you're able to. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Flares from Army Manoeuvres?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭redalicat

Macy wrote: »
    Flares from Army Manoeuvres?

That's what I was thinking, but I'm only in this house a year and hadn't seen it before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Jimmy Curley (local UFO nut) will be having a field day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sounds like someone was having fun with chinese lanterns?

Or maybe they were those high powered beams marking some event? Used to have them a lot nearby Leixlip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭mconigol

Army flares up in the glen...used to see them a lot but haven't seen any in a while...usually very late at night (obviously :P)...asked a friend of mine in the reserves about them ages ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I totally want to learn to make the flying lanterns. Cue endemic of posts about ufos in Blessington when I figure it out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

redalicat wrote: »
    Just saw several lights dropping from the cloud cover about 1/2 hour ago over the Wicklow Mountains. What were they? :confused: (BTW, I'm not a UFO believer)

Santa Claus :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,387 ✭✭✭blackbox

Nevore wrote: »
    I totally want to learn to make the flying lanterns. Cue endemic of posts about ufos in Blessington when I figure it out!

This is what you want ...

http://cpcireland.farnell.com/_/flyinglantern4/lantern-flying-4pk/dp/LH01240
    LH01240-40.jpg

We tried them at new-year and they worked really well. If you are really keen on making your own you could copy the design, but there would be a fair bit of time involved.

I wouldn't like to use them during a drought though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭dreamingoak

apparently u can buy them in the 2 euro shop in kilcoole

• Advertisement
Advertisement