Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know a good locksmith in Carlow?

Options
  • 07-12-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭

I need someone who can fit an extra lock to an old front door, and to make the sliding doors at the back more secure. It needs to be done tomorrow, as I walked in on some reprobate in the kitchen this evening after he came in the back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

jaysis, did they take anything or did you scare them off?
    I don't know of a locksmith sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭J_Wholesale

I must have walked in just as he'd arrived, as nothing was taken. All I saw of him was his tracksuit covered back as he ran out the back. Thing is, about 15 minutes before a couple of kids (13/14) knocked on the door singing carols - wearing similar coloured tracksuits. I'm thinking it was one of them and they were just scoping the place out before - seeing which room I was in and all.

So watch out! Kids singing carols and claiming to be from Bernardos in Carlow town.

Turns out they did get something. 200 euro from the kitchen counter. I'd missed it at first, as they left the cards behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Quiet Lurker

I need someone who can fit an extra lock to an old front door, and to make the sliding doors at the back more secure. It needs to be done tomorrow, as I walked in on some reprobate in the kitchen this evening after he came in the back.
    Flight Hawk Security are very good and obliging.
    http://www.flighthawksecurity.net/fhs%20locksmiths.htm . Billy is the boss.

Thanks for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Turns out they did get something. 200 euro from the kitchen counter. I'd missed it at first, as they left the cards behind.

Sorry to hear that. As for the carol singers. I don't even bother opening the door to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I was broken into(they drilled the lock in the wrong door!) over a year ago by flighthawk security's carlow agents so could not recommend them. The lock shop at potato market should be able to direct you to someone good.

Advertisement