Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography Essay help

Options
  • 07-12-2009 8:43pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi, I'm just wonderin, my teacher gives us sample essays to learn off, which is all well and good. But I'd rather know the information myself than just kinda learn it off mindlessly. So I'm writin my own essays a long with the papers, and I was just wondering what would be counted as an SRP. How do I know if a point will count as an SPR etc...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Well SRP means single relevant point, if I remember correctly (I'm not sure I do though.) I know relevant is in there anyway, so that explains it, as long as it's relevant to the question asked, it's an SRP.

It's easy enough to know if something is relevant. Example: In a question on population growth, the population cycle is very relevant, so mentioning each stage should be an SRP. You'd be able to get another SRP or two from explaingin the cycle. Giving examples also results in SRPs, though usually there's only one or two SRPs on offer for examples.

Also, you get marks at the start for saying what it is you're going to discuss. So if the question is something like
    "Explain 1 cause and 1 consequence of overpopulation in a region you have studied."
    So you'd get an SRP for naming the region, an SRP for naming the cause and one more for naming the consequence.

So basically, it's all about relevance! Stay on topic with your points, and you should get marks.
    Hopefully that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

A SRP is a Specific relevant point.
    Aka no waffle. Always use paras when you are writing the essay as well.

Advertisement