Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much to restore an old photo in Dublin

• 07-12-2009 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Ive an old photo of my dad (black and white) would like restored.. its about 6inches x 3 inches and Id also like it enlarged to A5 size. how much roughly should this cost?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Alas... I reckon someone on here will attempt it for free! I can see this is becoming a trend :rolleyes:

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Cupcake Girl

I wouldnt expect anyone to do it for free, was just requesting where would do it and was as much concerned about the quality (not cost)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DPRestoration

Send me an email here contact@dprestoration.com and I can tell you about what can be done to sort out the Photograph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

a5 shouldnt be a bother at all, maybe if you let us know whereabouts you are we can help you a bit more. The thing to look out for is obvious repairs, I think even a restored picture should retain some of the time effects as otherwise it looks slightly false.

Hi, I got someone to restore it but Im not completely happy with the finished product. Ther man on left is who its being restored for but the restoration hasnt came out great

Original

34433h4.jpg

Restored:

30wa55k.jpg

Is it possible to "fix" the face on the man on the left or is this the best quality I can hope for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

lol you can definitely get somebody to do a far better job....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

www.photolabs.ie

give these guy's a call...they do excellent restoration work..

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DPRestoration

I hope you did not hand over any money for that attempt!!

Head over here www.dprestoration.com and give me a shout.

Bringing faded memories back to life.

How much would I expect to pay to "fix" the face of man on left? i.e is it a big/small job? Most of other photo Im happy with just this part so hoping its a small job.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Please do not conduct "business" in thread. Take those negotiations to PM.

• Advertisement

CabanSail wrote: »
    Please do not conduct "business" in thread. Take those negotiations to PM.

sorry didnt mean to conduct business. Was looking for advice on if its a big job and peoples thoughts on how much it would cost taking into account how much work is to be done.

Any PM much appreciated

Advertisement