Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360 optical output

• 07-12-2009 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭

hi guys.
    i want to plug the my new xbox to the surround via digital.
    where is the output for optical on the xbox?
    thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

ldr wrote: »
    hi guys.
    i want to plug the my new xbox to the surround via digital.
    where is the output for optical on the xbox?
    thank you

It's built into the a/v cable: take a look at the block that plugs directly into the console; you'll see an optical output there. Optical cable sold seperately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Bit annoying that you can't use HDMI and the optical together.....

....without buying an adapter from microsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭flanders2006

EGriff wrote: »
    Bit annoying that you can't use HDMI and the optical together.....

....without buying an adapter from microsoft.

I recently bought a Super Elite and was annoyed that I couldn't use optical and HDMI without buying the adaptor. But then I went to my brothers house and he ahs an elite that he doesn't use much which came with a HDMI cable and the adaptor. Seeing as he doesn't use the optical connection I took it.

I can't understand why the older elites had the HDMI cable and adaptor included whereas the superelit doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

I can't understand why the older elites had the HDMI cable and adaptor included whereas the superelit doesn't.

Cost cutting - new SKUs always drop small things like that in order to save the manufacturer a few quid...

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

hey everyone this is the cable that came with it and no digital output.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

crack open the casing around the optical jobby and both the component & hdmi will fit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

There are 2 ways to get HDMI picture and optical 5.1 surround sound, Either you have a component cable with the slot , remove the plastic housing with a flathead, and you can easily plug the the 2 cables in simultaneously.

Or you can buy Microsoft's HDMI adapter kit,with the audio dongle, I would only pay no more than 10 euro for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I would only pay no more than 10 euro for it!

€24.99 in game. Should cost about 4 quid.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

EGriff wrote: »
    €24.99 in game. Should cost about 4 quid.

If your looking for one BTW go to ebay.ie You can get the kit for 8 euro including the HDMI and the adapter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

ldr wrote: »
    hey everyone this is the cable that came with it and no digital output.

Doesn't seem to have component out either, just composite

• Advertisement
Advertisement