Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone At Home + X360

• 07-12-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I've the vodafone at home package and it's working fine ith my laptop and my bro's PS3.But my Xbox goes as far as detecting the netwrk and it even says connected when I goto Configure Network, but when I get to Test Connection it fails immediately, presents a big red x between the image of my console and the network, and provides me with sueless ideas.

Ive tried manually assigning an IP address. I've set up the router to allow Xbox Live through. So where am I going wrong? please help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

It could be your firewall or NAT settings.

Your NAT may be set to strict, you might have to be set it to moderate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

CKWPORT wrote: »
    It could be your firewall or NAT settings.

Your NAT may be set to strict, you might have to be set it to moderate.

How? I can't find any settings. It's the Huawei router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

When you go the router settings, there should be an option there for Nat somewhere...

Sorry I'm not familiar with that kind of router.

You could try this if nobody comes back with a better solution.
    http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Huawei/SMARTAX-MT-800/Xbox_Live_360.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Had the same problem. Needed to set my firewall to low. Google the IP address for your router (usually takes the form of 192.34.3.23 or something to that effect). Type this address into your internet explorer and you'll get the homepage for your modem. You'll see an option for firewall. Set it to Low.

Vyse wrote: »
    Had the same problem. Needed to set my firewall to low. Google the IP address for your router (usually takes the form of 192.34.3.23 or something to that effect). Type this address into your internet explorer and you'll get the homepage for your modem. You'll see an option for firewall. Set it to Low.

There's no option for firewall :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

I'd give Vodafone a ring, they'd be able to help you out. I have the Vodafone package but continued to use my Eircom modem so the only thing I needed to change was my firewall settings as they reset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

I have the same setup if you do an ipconfig from a command prompt from say your laptop that is connected to the network . Get the ip address of the gateway and stick it into a browser. This will bring up a login box for your router user id and pw are vodafone (this is the default if you haven't changed them) . On the left hand side you will see a menu select router under this you should see Firewall it should by default be set to low. I got a XBox for crimbo off the missus so I will be doing this in a couple of weeks. I still have my old eircom router so if there is any underlying issues I can bang this in and make some quick edits to see if it connects. I am sure its someting local to you however. Let me know how you get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

All that port forwarding and firewall stuff will only affect the xbox live part of the test

if its not seeing the network then the first thing i would try is a different cable. If you are using wireless then you probably mistyped the wep key, or are using you key to a neighbours router

mukki wrote: »
    what are ye all on about

All that port forwarding and firewall stuff will only affect the xbox live part of the test

if its not seeing the network then the first thing i would try is a different cable. If you are using wireless then you probably mistyped the wep key, or are using you key to a neighbours router

Did you even read his post he is accessing it via a wireless connection. The box is saying its connected but when he runs a test to confirm this it fails. People have suggested testing with a wire all ready....

rocco wrote: »
    Did you even read his post he is accessing it via a wireless connection. The box is saying its connected but when he runs a test to confirm this it fails. People have suggested testing with a wire all ready....
    i am reading it on my phone so unless its showing up different on my screen, edited cheakyness in the last post

i dont see where does he mention wireless or wifi, or where someone mentioned to use a wired network

what i read....
    he says he is connected, but not getting network access, even when he puts in a manual ip its still not getting network access, so either he is using a faulty cable, or the wrong wep key , with a pc if you put in the wrong wep key it will connect but you won't have access to the network

everyone is taking about post forwarding and nat, yet he said he set up xbox live the router in his opening post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭warrior00

Hi i had the same problem u have to enter ur broadband user name and password on the xbox as well as the wireless wep key. and then it should work.

i am reading it on my phone so unless its showing up different on my screen, edited cheakyness in the last post

i dont see where does he mention wireless or wifi, or where someone mentioned to use a wired network

what i read....
    he says he is connected, but not getting network access, even when he puts in a manual ip its still not getting network access, so either he is using a faulty cable, or the wrong wep key , with a pc if you put in the wrong wep key it will connect but you won't have access to the network

everyone is taking about post forwarding and nat, yet he said he set up xbox live the router in his opening post

OK Mukki he as also posted in the VodaFone forum so thats how I know the background on this one I would still take from his first comment that he has trying via wireless connection and not LAN maybe its just my IT background.. VodaFone post - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055761573

OK Mukki he as also posted in the VodaFone forum so thats how I know the background on this one I would still take from his first comment that he has trying via wireless connection and not LAN maybe its just my IT background.. VodaFone post - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055761573

liar

there is no way you could take from that that he is using wireless, you just saw the other thread first

i win

:D:D:D:D:D:D

liar

there is no way you could take from that that he is using wireless, you just saw the other thread first

i win

:D:D:D:D:D:D

If you wish Mukki . Loser ...lol

It's wireless loser(s):pac:

Wifi, 802.11n signal being bounced around the house by a Vodafone huawei router. WPA key, AES security, all hunky dory, just the usual Xbox difficulties

Wifi, 802.11n signal being bounced around the house by a Vodafone huawei router. WPA key, AES security, all hunky dory, just the usual Xbox difficulties

Did you test it with a wired connection just to verify its the wireless connection is the problem and not anything else.

Did you test it with a wired connection just to verify its the wireless connection is the problem and not anything else.

Impossible to do I'm afraid. Urrgghh

• Registered Users Posts: 8 harlequins_lute

I did not think the XBOX supported 802.11n??
    There is an N adapter to be released, Date is TBD, unless you got your hands on one

I think it sends B/G signals also, not sure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I had the same problem. The XBox wouldn't find the Huawei router. I dropped the level of security from the highest level WPA/PSK2 to the next highest level WPA/PSK (if I remember correctly) and then the XBox had no problems finding the router.

• Advertisement

I had the same problem. The XBox wouldn't find the Huawei router. I dropped the level of security from the highest level WPA/PSK2 to the next highest level WPA/PSK (if I remember correctly) and then the XBox had no problems finding the router.

Tried that, plus tried WEP and eventually no password,and still no luck :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭naughto

who where u using befor u joined vadofane ??

naughto wrote: »
    who where u using befor u joined vadofane ??

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

I know you said its impossible for you to try connect through a wired connection but it was the only thing that worked for me.

I was having the exact same problems as you with the wireless connection so I tried connecting to live through a wired connection and it connected straight away. I plugged out the ethernet cable and it was connecting wirelessly then. It was like as if it kept the settings from the wired connection or something.

Whats also strange is that my brother recently changed over to vodafone at home too and when he set up his vodafone box his xbox connected straight to live with no problems using the wireless connection.

DupsTheKid wrote: »
    I know you said its impossible for you to try connect through a wired connection but it was the only thing that worked for me.

I was having the exact same problems as you with the wireless connection so I tried connecting to live through a wired connection and it connected straight away. I plugged out the ethernet cable and it was connecting wirelessly then. It was like as if it kept the settings from the wired connection or something.

Whats also strange is that my brother recently changed over to vodafone at home too and when he set up his vodafone box his xbox connected straight to live with no problems using the wireless connection.

I get the feeling its something to do with the fact that I can't see thumbnails on webpages sometimes. Either a speed or security issue. Speed is variable. Signal is always strong though. Very odd altogether. Very annoying.

Advertisement