Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

--Need Advice--

Options
  • 07-12-2009 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I want to get a tattoo down my side of song words that mean alot to me but Im not sure whether to get them in English or another language?

Im currently looking at Khmer, the writing that Angelina Jolie has on her left shoulder blade.

Any ideas??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Personally I'd only stick to the languages I know, why get something in a language you don't speak?

That's just me though, to each their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

Will wrote: »
    Personally I'd only stick to the languages I know, why get something in a language you don't speak?

That's just me though, to each their own.

Have to agree with Will here, why get it in a language you can not read.
    Keep it simple, if it means that much to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

other languages aren't just english in code. there is no reason to think the line you want will even work in Khmer, it may be missing some of the required words, and certainly won't have the same tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CharlieBabe

True I suppose Will but Im stuck with English, Irish and German then!

Wanted it in another language so that its not so easy for other people to know what it means but I would. Although I think I might just find a good Spanish translator, that would look better than Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

i agree with hot2def, so many things cannot be properly translated into different languages and very often when we try they take on a different meaning, it would be important to check the exact meaning when you translate it, especially if it means alot to you

for me i would stick to a language i know and can read/pronounce when i look at it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CharlieBabe

Thanks for the advice guys :)

Advertisement