Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

toilet

Options
  • 07-12-2009 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I have discovered a leak between the toilet bowl and the waste pipe which goes out through the wall .( horizontal) The leak is at the seal (bowl side).

Can this be repaired in situ as the floor was tiled AFTER the bowl was fitted.

Any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Urgg makes it a bit more difficult. If you can get movement on the pipe, the few mm will make the difference that could just stop it, but the best job would to completely remove the soil, dry it, refit the seal and reinsert it again. Might be best to get a new rubber, they can be squished over time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

It cannot be fitted in situ and you also have 3 possibilities.

1. There may be enough room to break the grout away to get the toilet out. However be careful you may crack the bowl.

2. You may break the toilet whilst removing the floor screws. It happens a lot.

3.A new toilet will not fit the same footprint. Unless its the same model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭The link

Thanks for all above folks. I will see if I can move the seal a fraction.

Tks

Advertisement