Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'New' GPO

Options
  • 07-12-2009 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

There's ads about the place saying stuff about the grand opening of the 'new' GPO. I was wondering did they actually make renovations to the place recently or is just the same old same old with a lick of paint? :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

It's being opened by the Breffmeister General so you know it's going to be upmarket. I don't know if he mentioned it, but he actually went to Harvard, y'know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 PeterVenkman

Some new carpet, a couple of plasma screens and some chandeliers, as well as the aforementioned lick of paint. It's def warmer & cleaner, but it's pretty much the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Robbo wrote: »
    I don't know if he mentioned it, but he actually went to Harvard, y'know.

Yeah apparantly he should be taken seriously in Business because of his "Harvard degree". Bill - "What's your degree in?".... The Breffmeister - "Biology". :rolleyes:

And no I can't imaging the GPO having done more than a lick of paint! If they wanted to relaunch themselves properly they'd have at least changed the name. Anytime I've passed there in the last few months it's just been a few idle bouncers hanging around the door... no sign of anyone going in!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Been in there a couple of times since the "revamp! and it looks a hell of a lot better... It really is top notch now and you can see they've put a massive amount of work into it.

In all fairness, they really havn't EDIT: Skimped :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

That's some trick, spearing a penny ... ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement