Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Smashing Pumpkins track released

Options
  • 07-12-2009 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭

A while ago I posted a thread somewhere around here about the new Smashing Pumpkins mega-album (44 tracks in all), that was in the works. For those of you who don't know, the album Teargarden by Kaleidyscope is being released as the tracks are mastered. All the tracks will be available online for free.

Anyway, the first track is out as of today, and is being streamed here. I thought they'd be available for download as they came out, but it looks like it's only being streamed for the moment.

The track is called "A Song for a Son". I'll post what I think of it when I give it another listen. It's not what I was expecting, but I like it.

EDIT: There is an mp3 download available at paulietheboss.com, not sure if it's legal or not though...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

I quite like it actually, and the download is now up on the official site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

its ok, wouldnt really bother downloading it to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jimmy_D_

just downloaded this and i really like it but then again i am a HUGE pumpkins fan-fair play to billy corgan though taking a chance like this and releasing a whole album for free one track at a time-i will be keeping up to date with this!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

The first thing that came to mind was Adore...but you can hear the Zeitgeist 'new fangled-ness' in it too..

It was not was i expected either.....I don't know whether I'm pleasantly surprised because with Billy now being the only original member, it doesn't sound like trash...

But it feels like a lot of the magic is gone, which sucks, because I'm a huge Pumpkins fan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I am actually loving that..not a massive Pumpkins fan but I think this is pretty decent:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

ComaWhite wrote: »
    The first thing that came to mind was Adore...but you can hear the Zeitgeist 'new fangled-ness' in it too..

It was not was i expected either.....I don't know whether I'm pleasantly surprised because with Billy now being the only original member, it doesn't sound like trash...

But it feels like a lot of the magic is gone, which sucks, because I'm a huge Pumpkins fan :(

thats sums it up perfectly, without Jimmy Chamberlin, it bascially loses that pumpkins sound..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Lads, you know Billy is going out with Jessica Simpson yeah?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/loves-billy-corgan-now-jessica-simpson/story?id=9295310

spl_corgan_simpson_091211_mn.jpg

Advertisement