Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing eircom router

Options
  • 07-12-2009 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi,

im in my final year of an honours degree course. Soft dev and comp networking.

For my FYP I am developing a bandwidth management system for a home network.

It will have a web based ui and im wondering how I can allocate bandwidth to different network devices from the website. As in how can i connect to the eircom router from the site and allocate bandwidth?

Any ideas. Im using snmp to get data about the network usage but having trouble figuring out how to allocate bandwidth.

The eircom router is a netopia 2247 nwg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

Default ip address of most Eircom routers is 192.168.1.254 and if dhcp is enabled they will allocate addresses in this range.

If your address is in this range just open up a web page and type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar and the config page of the router should appear.

Sorry OP I didn't read your post properly, I have no idea how to link your page to the router!!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ravydavygravy

Do the eircom routers support QoS? You could write some screen-scraping scripts with perl/php and use them to fill out the forms on the router, but it would be messy as F***

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

mossy464 wrote: »
    Hi,

im in my final year of an honours degree course. Soft dev and comp networking.

For my FYP I am developing a bandwidth management system for a home network.

It will have a web based ui and im wondering how I can allocate bandwidth to different network devices from the website. As in how can i connect to the eircom router from the site and allocate bandwidth?

Any ideas. Im using snmp to get data about the network usage but having trouble figuring out how to allocate bandwidth.

The eircom router is a netopia 2247 nwg

wow, difficult in the extreme.

Good luck with the Eircom kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 aerocell

Yeah they support QOS,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

For the traffic reading part, you could look at something like odmon.com...I had it working with a Netopia a few months ago so it can work!

For allocating traffic capacity, there could be two modes - allocate based on service (HTTP, SMTP etc.) or allocate to client? In which case you could look at dd-wrt custom firmware for certain routers - the paid version of dd-wrt has traffic allocation like that.

I don't know if the netopia can allocate traffic over snmp...although if you're using the read/write community, maybe you can adjust settings that way if you have some sort of parser from the webpage to snmp...

• Advertisement
Advertisement