Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What to wear with lace mini?

• 07-12-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Got this dress in New Look, for going out. I'm thinking of wearing it with really high shoe boots and tights or knee high black socks. What do ye think! Any suggestions?
    http://www.newlook.co.uk/1816192/181619201/ProductDetails.aspx

By the way, anyone else finding it really hard to find decent party gear right now? Feck all in the shops!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

I've got a very similar dress from asos and it goes with everything really. Wore it with black peep toe heels from Zara Saturday night. I wouldn't do knee high socks but that's just me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

gorgeous!!!
    i got one just like it in motion picture and i wore it with black peep toe heels!!

id go for the shoe boots im dying to get my hands on a pair!!
    but i do really love black knee socks!!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭tanyaog2007

i got that dress a few weeks ago :o i wore Gladiator Stiletto black shoes, lots of gold bangles, and a gold head thingie for my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

that's a lovely dress! i would go for heels and tights with it, dont know if socks would go with it, the dress looks too delicate or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

ya I would def go with tights and shoe boots, not knee socks, I just think they look riiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

I love that dress I was looking at it in new look at the weekend.
    Wear it with nice sheer tights and boots or peep toe shoes.

It can be casual and dressy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Frogy

Love it! Did you get it recently? I would wear with high sexy shoes. I think knee highs would take away from the band of lace at the bottom. Have gotten a few dressed in there recently but only go to the Pussycat/ Apricot dresses. V reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭macy9

Mock-stockings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭foundry

I think red high shoes, red lips and maybe earrings.

A definite no to the socks.

Don't over accessories it as the lace says it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

I wouldnt wear high socks - it'd look cheap, Id say you could get away think with coloured rights though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 kathycork

Frogy, yes got it last weekend there's a million of them around the place, like that this one has a high back tho cos lots of them have a cutout.

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

ohh pretty! reminds me of that dress Britney wore to some awards show! She kept it very simple, I'd do the same. No whoever said red shoes! That'd make it look incerdibly tacky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I think a pair of really high shoe boots would look amazing with it. Personally, I like knee high socks but I don't think I'd wear 'em with a lace mini, think they sorta give a sexy edge so they're better dressed down with something cute to stop 'em bordering on... slutty!

I'd go with black opaque tights or even bare legs if you're confident :)

It's a cool skirt!

Advertisement