Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guile vs Rufus

Options
  • 07-12-2009 11:22pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can't beat Rufuses.

Rufi?

The problem is that he's so fast- impossible to zone with the usual Guile tricks.

Dive kick should trade favourable with flash but I can't seem to get it to.

Anyway, I looked u SRK, tried to take it in, but it aint working.

Anyone got any ideas?

Any dacent PSN Rufulants wanna do me a favour and beat me up for a bit?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

If ya ever see me on psn and want a game just send me an invite. Ill probably be on psn more over the next while.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

bush wrote: »
    If ya ever see me on psn and want a game just send me an invite. Ill probably be on psn more over the next while.

Danke, appreciate it. Frustrating me, so it is.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

http://streetfighterdojo.com/sf4/matchups/guile_vs_rufus.html

Look up Guile Vs Rufus Videos here.
    http://www.frame-advantage.com/beta/
    and here
    http://www.sf4db.com/

Your not allowed look up Guile Vs Bison though :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

*looks for Honda Vs Bison*

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I noticed a ton of dive kicks there so maybe possible counter with LK Flash Kick? I don't know much about move priorities but surely the flash kick can beat it.

Something I've recognised in Rufus matches is distance. Rufus only really seems effective in close range. He seems to be like Fei in his rushdown (with the exception of the dive kick ofcourse) so personally, I'd say, stay away and play mid to long distance game against Rufus. The Rufus player there seems to be quite on the rushdown side so maybe a bit of patience and a few flash kicks here and there but honestly, with the lack of online experience that I have, I wouldn't really know if those strategies would work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Flash Kick trades with Dive Kick. Seems you're better off with crouching Fierce, air throw, standing Strong and back Roundhouse, then using your Booms for chip. Use standing Fierce for zoning.
    Also, seems you can Ultra on blocked/whiffed Messiah - might wanna practice that :)

Noticed you were whiffing lots of throws - very bad habit, methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

spammer gets spam pwnd, JOKINNNNNNNNNN, i think that inverse kick got you, need to reverse block on spot and jump up and kick him away, thats how he got me at LAN party too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

bush wrote: »

From that video, what do you think Doom could of been doing to give you a harder time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Less throwing and less sweeping!

Way too many whiffed throws and anytime Guile tried to sweep Rufus was already up and coming down. Stay out of that corner Rufus will eat you up in there. And work on those normals, that vid Ropedrink posted was an excellent example.

Now saying all that Bush is still a Fecker and will drive you nuts though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Now saying all that Bush is still a Fecker and will drive you nuts though :rolleyes:

Might be the issue also. I haven't seen rushdown like that in any of our casuals, it doesn't let up, not even for an instant. A solid and consistent rushdown game will throw anybody off who likes to keep their distance and zone on their own terms.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

L31mr0d wrote: »
    From that video, what do you think Doom could of been doing to give you a harder time?

Pick Zangief :pac:

That was the first match of the day and it seemed like he didnt have his head in it. Ive played him before and it was never that easy.
    I think that video ropedrink posted gives a good idea what to do, he uses a lot of normals and they seemed to keep rufus away. I dont really know much about guile to be honest and any guiles ive played online dont know what to do against rufus either.

I can just say what I try to do in the match. I want to spam dive kicks basically :D Off a dive kick ill either go for another dive kick, a combo or a throw. Most people try and tech or start mashing when you get close with dive kicks so they get hit with the combo.
    Rufus has no good wake up moves without meter so you could try put the pressure on at the start and back up if you get a lead. Thats what I do if im fighting rufus with chun li. I dunno if guile can put much pressure on though.
    Never try and punish a blocked tornado either, you could get an ex messiah in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I just wanted to say Guile + Rufus = Guufus.

Think about it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Bush was kind enough to give me a few games just now. Alot learned.
    • Flash kick good to stave off dives but bad for cross up ones.
    • Standing fierce punch AWESOME anti air after boom.
    • Can't use air throw with any regularity on Rufus.
    • Boom for attempt on block stun on wake up for pressure game possible from 1/3 screen away only. Any closer and you're eating Messiah (regardless of booms quick block)

Most of this I took from the responses here so spanks all :)

Advertisement