Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changes to 2fm for 2010

• 07-12-2009 11:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭

I believe they are been announced tomorrow officially. Anyone got any inside scoops. According to the Indo today Tommy and Hector are getting a weekend slot....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

No chance G.Ryan gets put out to pasture??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Could be the year that Larry Gogan finally quits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Will Leahy show to be extended I hear 4 - 7 p.m.
    Could be unreliable info though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Please please please please please please please please please please let Ryan get the boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭GSF

Will Leahy show to be extended I hear 4 - 7 p.m.
    Could be unreliable info though.
    thought he had a day job as well :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭TimmyTarmac

Yeah, thats what I thought too. Maybe there's a slowdown even in the type of law that Will practices. Lots of couples staying together because the second, third and fourth properties are worth feck all! Divorce is an expensive/lucrative business depending on your point of view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Aye, looks like Tommy and Hector are to host a show on Saturdays from early in the new year...

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/comedy-duo-to-host-saturday-2fm-show-1966174.html

The article, posted yesterday, said that there was an announcement due today ... anyone seen anything from RTE yet?

Bit of a blow for i102-104 and i105-107 surely...

Bard wrote: »
    Aye, looks like Tommy and Hector are to host a show on Saturdays from early in the new year...

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/comedy-duo-to-host-saturday-2fm-show-1966174.html

The article, posted yesterday, said that there was an announcement due today ... anyone seen anything from RTE yet?

Bit of a blow for i102-104 and i105-107 surely...
    Not sure how these 2 equate to targeting an older age profile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Surprised to hear that the Tommy and Hector Show is moving to 2fm, I thought T&H had shares in iRadio and that's how they got the show. I wonder if they will try to bring Laurita with them. She was them what Adele is to Ray and JP on Today FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭rodberg007

If you were watching the Late Late Show last night Hector confirmed they would be doing a Saturday morning show on 2FM - my reading of that is they could be doing the 'Saturday Show from 12-3' which will come from the RTE studios in Galway - then again nothing has been announced or confirmed yet from RTE.

R.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

bbability wrote: »
    I believe they are been announced tomorrow officially. Anyone got any inside scoops. According to the Indo today Tommy and Hector are getting a weekend slot....

Yeah weekend Brekkie.

That'll be good. Got told some DJs who are getting let go and kept by my sources last night.

Can't say though.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Yeah weekend Brekkie.

That'll be good. Got told some DJs who are getting let go and kept by my sources last night.

Can't say though.
    If you can't say, why bother mentioning it?

You have us in mild suspense now!

byte wrote: »

It the "I know something you dont" oneupmanship post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

I hope the speculation about Nikki Hayes is correct. Her fake laugh wrecks my head. If it is true, and Rick O'Shea gets the midday gig, at long last I'll be able to listen to something other than a cd around lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

My sources tell me 10 to 12 on saturdays. Not breakfast..

How could you replace Dave Redmond.. his figures are higher than yesterday fm.

The guy's a leg end:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Is that a local station?

byte wrote: »

Nikki "The Gee" Hayes is being moved to weekends I hear, and C & JJ are staying.

Can't say more.

Badabing wrote: »
    Is that a local station?

Yeah they play golden oldies. They have two husky oul fella DJs called Larry and Gary. They rock.

I can confirm Dave Redmond is not on the new schedule.

R.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭prunudo

A week later and still no proper news. When are RTE going public with these changes?

• Advertisement

rodberg007 wrote: »
    I can confirm Dave Redmond is not on the new schedule.

R.
    are u the same user posting on another site with the same confirmation?

where r u geting your info?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I hope the speculation about Nikki Hayes is correct. Her fake laugh wrecks my head. If it is true, and Rick O'Shea gets the midday gig, at long last I'll be able to listen to something other than a cd around lunchtime.
    Getting rid of her would be vast improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

Dave Redmond mentioned today (Saturday) his last weekend Breakfast show is 27th December, yet he didn't say who the replacement might be.

Sad to see him go from that slot, he's much easier to listen to than the weekday breakfast.

RadioCity wrote: »
    Dave Redmond mentioned today (Saturday) his last weekend Breakfast show is 27th December, yet he didn't say who the replacement might be.

Sad to see him go from that slot, he's much easier to listen to than the weekday breakfast.

So can someone confirm that he is leaving 2fm altogether?

I'm in shock... what a very poor decision by the new management (or is it his own decision?)

I can name 10 DJ's on that station that could be shown the door before that man.. a disgrace

So can someone confirm that he is leaving 2fm altogether?

Well he said he was doing his last breakast show on the 27th and he didn't go on to mention if he was moving to a different slot on the station so what we can only presume here, until otherwise stated, is that he hasn't signed a new contract with RTE 2FM for 2010.

Thats shame about Dave Redmond, always enjoyed his shows.

Terrible news alright. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

2Fm should be shut down totally, waste of taxpayers money.

And yerah I know about ad rev. and all that..................

Shut the kip down.

waste of taxpayers money.
    The taxpayer doesn't spend a penny on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

2Fm should be shut down totally, waste of taxpayers money.

And yerah I know about ad rev. and all that..................

Shut the kip down.

read my lips.

Why say it then?

Just a quick update; Robbie Irwin just said that he only had two more shows of the Sportsbag. So this is obviously going to be one of the other shows to be replaced.
    Edit
    He just comfirmed next Sunday 27 is his final show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭channelsurfer

sunday world yesterday confirmed that larry gogan is coming back mon to fri to do the golden hour frmo 3 to 4.... no mention if it is part of a 2 or 3 hour block for him though..

It just goes to show that robotics have come along way since last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Nikki Hayes mentioned today that her afternoon show would be ending on Thursday and that she'd be moving onto 'other things' after that, which would imply that she'll no longer be working for 2fm.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 c123

Nikki hayes confirmed doing a show on saturday and sunday.Should definetly get rid of rick o shea if any changes-completely useless change station after nikki b4 will leahy to avoid him

Nikki Hayes mentioned today that her afternoon show would be ending on Thursday and that she'd be moving onto 'other things' after that, which would imply that she'll no longer be working for 2fm.
    Great news. Frst we beat Xfactor and Nikki Hayes is gone! What a great week. :D

Regarding Dave Redmond, yesterday morning he read out a text asking what he would be doing after the last weekend breakfast on the 27th. He said he didn't know what he would be doing, so is there a possibility he could still be around?

The "unofficial" line up weekdays...

All the same til 12 noon.

Rick O Shea from 12 to 2:30.
    Larry Gogan (yes you reading this correctly) 2:30 to 4:30 Golden Hour 3-4
    Will Leahy 4:30 to 7:00pm

Now I thought this new PD was going to make changes... oh his next change is the name from 2fm to "Today fm on 2fm...."

Why can't they make up their own show times and schedules...

If this is going to be the Official line up its a joke...

God knows what happening to the weekend schedule.
    I losing faith in Irish Radio very very fast...

The "unofficial" line up weekdays...

All the same til 12 noon.

Rick O Shea from 12 to 2:30.
    Larry Gogan (yes you reading this correctly) 2:30 to 4:30 Golden Hour 3-4
    Will Leahy 4:30 to 7:00pm

Now I thought this new PD was going to make changes... oh his next change is the name from 2fm to "Today fm on 2fm...."

Why can't they make up their own show times and schedules...

If this is going to be the Official line up its a joke...

God knows what happening to the weekend schedule.
    I losing faith in Irish Radio very very fast...
    Surprised Leahy is getting more airtime, but RTE seem determined to make him a star regardless of what the public think. When he started the 5-7pm slot it was pulling 140k. Now its down to 100k. And he was one of the presenters supposed to appeal to the younger crowd.

• Advertisement

Regarding Dave Redmond, yesterday morning he read out a text asking what he would be doing after the last weekend breakfast on the 27th. He said he didn't know what he would be doing, so is there a possibility he could still be around?
    Maybe he is going to work in production behind the scences?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

RTÉ 2fm today announced changes to elements of its weekday and weekend schedules. The new schedule is the first in a series of planned changes across 2010.

RTÉ 2fm last year announced its decision to re-position the station to maintain its place as Ireland's second most-listened-to radio station, and as Ireland's number one music station. The first set of changes to the schedule will see an increase in speech and feature programming. Listeners can expect the changes to come to air alongside a refined music policy, and new station imaging, all set to kick in in the first weeks of 2010.

Weekends are the primary focus for the first stage of changes. Among the new faces on the station are Tommy Tiernan and Hector Ó hEochagáin, who join 2fm for a brand-new Saturday morning show, live from Galway City.

On Sundays, Neil Hannon and Thomas Walsh of The Duckworth Lewis Method (and Divine Comedy) will kick-off Celebrity Sunday, a new strand of programmes where well-known lovers of music share their own personal mix-tape.

Ruth Scott, one of 2fm's most-popular voices, will head a new weekend breakfast show featuring talk, music and competitions to start the weekend. On Saturdays at 12 RTÉ Sport will air a new two-hour general sports show featuring some of Ireland's most respected and much loved pundits from across RTÉ Radio and Television. Meanwhile, there's more 2fm talk on Saturday afternoons as Dave Fanning presents a new two-hour gallop through the world of Fanning, with studio-guests, interviewees and new music features.

During the week Rick O'Shea returns to mid-day in a new interactive lunchtime show: whether you Facebook, Tweet or text, Rick wants to hear from you. At 3pm every day Larry Gogan brings the Just A Minute Quiz back to five days a week with the return of Larry's Golden Hour. Having built his audience by over 20,000 listeners year-on-year, Larry returns to weekdays more popular than ever. Will Leahy will continue to bring his own brand of celebrity gossip, music and entertainment updates live from Limerick at the earlier time of 4.00 pm.

There will also be changes to the evening schedule, with 4 hours of the coolest new music with Dave Fanning and Dan Hegarty. Friday and Saturday will be party nights on 2fm with Jenny Greene, Jenny Huston and Mr Spring.

Says John McMahon, Head of RTÉ 2fm: "When I joined 2fm back in October the task was clear: to keep 2fm on top as Ireland's second most-listened-to radio station. 2010 will see major changes to RTÉ 2fm as the station evolves to meet the needs of its listeners. We plan to bring them the best new music, more talk and features, more interaction and more about what gets people talking. Be it the world of entertainment, sport, gossip, the best of pop or great new indie music, 2fm will be doing more of it in a bigger way than ever before. This will be a gradual process but the changes announced today are an indicator of where we are going. It's going to be a busy year but I think it's fair to say that there is real excitement on the floor at 2fm, and our listeners should be excited too."

Ruth Scott getting pigeon holed to the weekend mornings can only be a good thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

Didn't they change Rick O'Shea' show a while back that there would be no interaction, and there were Facebook groups set up to ask for it back to having interaction.

Seems that 2Fm are going back to the old way of things in the afternoon then with Rick and bringing back Larry and Just a Minute quiz.

Saturday on 2FM has now become a massive turn-off for me as I've little time for sport and not much more for Dave Fanning.

For what was once a station I could listen to all day Saturday has now become, like Today FM, another to avoid.

I see also Rick O'Shea wants to hear from the listeners again. Do I gather the previous change (to the current format) was a mistake?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

I see also Rick O'Shea wants to hear from the listeners again. Do I gather the previous change (to the current format) was a mistake?
    From what I can gather from reading about this before, Rick was pi55ed that the heads that be made the decision to have no interaction. I can't find a link at the moment, but I do remember FB groups set up to bring back the interaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I'm going to be steering well clear from 2fm on weekends now (except for Jenny Greene, best presenter on the station!) Hector and Tommy...ugh. Ruth Scott...ugh, Dave Fanning...ugh, 2 hours of sports talk...ugh!

Am I correct in saying that Nikki Hayes doesn't appear in that press release at all? Delighted! I like Rick O'Shea, glad to see him still on daytime. Bloody Larry Gogan and his golden hour...going from G Ryan to Rick to Larry to Will....it's a bit of a mish mash of a lineup, very confusing :confused: Also don't understand why they're pushing Will's show for an extra half hour.

They need more female DJs during the week, I don't know why they don't utilise Jenny Greene and Jenny Hueston more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

They need more female DJs during the week, I don't know why they don't utilise Jenny Greene and Jenny Hueston more.

The female DJs they have are exceptionally bad.

Would not listen to this station except I have no choice at work.

Will Leahy, Rick O Shea & Michael Cahill all good, rest are pure rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

my god, I like Larry Gogan but he's very old-fashioned for weekday daytime and leahy has been utter tripe since leaving the saturday show. i'll listen to Rick over Ray foley though, ray's show is becoming very stale and really annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    ray's show is becoming very stale and really annoying.

always was the case.....:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement