Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changes to 2fm for 2010

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭jkforde

It's GUBU how many of ye STILL listen to Irish FM music stations when web streaming is only a click away (esp. hooked up to decent speakers).... jesus lads, Irish FM music radio is dead, long live Irish FM music radio.

BBC 6 Music all the way (Phantom aren't bad).... check out ShoutCast for an amazing list of less parochial listening

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

"Since I no longer expect anything from mankind except madness, meanness, and mendacity; egotism, cowardice, and self-delusion, I have stopped being a misanthrope." Irving Layton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

sunday world yesterday confirmed that larry gogan is coming back mon to fri to do the golden hour frmo 3 to 4.... no mention if it is part of a 2 or 3 hour block for him though..

Lord almighty he must be 97 by now. Has nobody in RTE heard of retirement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Ruth Scott getting pigeon holed to the weekend mornings can only be a good thing.

I feel so sorry for Dave Redmond. It seems he got the raw deal and one things for sure... -1 for a Saturday and Sunday Morning from me. If you think I'm gonna tune into that wagon... forget it!:eek:

Happy Christmas Mr Mc Mahon... It may be your only one in charge of 2fm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

It may not be all bad news, I will no longer have to suffer Tony Fenton.

I am no major fan of Larry and nearly everything he says is scripted but he sure beats Fenton.

The alternative to Fenton was Rick O Shea and his mouthy breathing noises into the mic drive me demented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

And yet the breakfast show remains untouched? Are their compromising photos of 2FM management in a safety deposit box somewhere?

Ruth Scott and Nikki Hayes both bumped from weekdays - does older demographic mean men only on the radio? I wouldn't be a fan of either of them, but it seems strange not to add different female presenters. And Damien Farrelly seems to have lost out too in the new no pop after 7 schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭RadioCity

The current evening schedule is quite good for music, but the removal of of Ruth Scott to weekends and Damien Farrelly to we don't know where for Dan and Dave, will turn away many listeners, myself included. I enjoyed the selection of music played from 7pm(now 8pm)-midnight. The new format leaves little reason for me to listen to the station.

Would the evening format not make it quite similar to the appeal of Pet Sounds (is it still called that?) on Today FM at the same time??

A quick update, Damien Farrelly is keeping his late slot, but squirelled away in an 11pm-1am slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭jdscrubs

RadioCity wrote: »
    The current evening schedule is quite good for music, but the removal of of Ruth Scott to weekends and Damien Farrelly to we don't know where for Dan and Dave, will turn away many listeners, myself included. I enjoyed the selection of music played from 7pm(now 8pm)-midnight. The new format leaves little reason for me to listen to the station.

Would the evening format not make it quite similar to the appeal of Pet Sounds (is it still called that?) on Today FM at the same time??

A quick update, Damien Farrelly is keeping his late slot, but squirelled away in an 11pm-1am slot.

That is crap that they are keeping Damien Farrelly. The man is an absolute bore to listen to. I liked the fact that they increased dave fanning to 2 hours and brought Dan on earlier from 9-11. However the fact that I have to listen to idiot farrelly when I fall asleep is something I aint happy with. Why not have Jenny Hueston on from 11-1.

As for the rest of the changes, like the fact that Rick is going back to an interactive type show as his new format was crap. Liked the old format when he asked silly questions and got people to text, email, etc in.

Like Will Leahy as well. Not sure about putting Dave Fanning on at the weekend though. Ruth Scott was fine until they put her on the Saturday show as well as the 5 evenings during the week and they people got sick of her. Could happen to Fanning as well. Not sure about Tiernan & Hector as I aint their biggest fans.

Good changes overall though.

All in all I can see what this new boss is doing. He justifying certain peoples big wages and shuffling the untouchables around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭flazio

So is there any definitive article/listing anywhere for the whole 7 days line up on 2fM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

flazio wrote: »
    So is there any definitive article/listing anywhere for the whole 7 days line up on 2fM

http://2fm.rte.ie/pages/newsched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Anyone know what the new radio schedule for 2fm will be??? any new faces???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Anyone know what the new radio schedule for 2fm will be??? any new faces???
    Posts merged with existing thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Thanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jedbartlet

Have these people ever heard of a real change... it really is time for Gerry Ryan to move on. Apart from not being worth the 500k a year he is just there too long. do they really have no one in the wings that can move in in due course. kinda like Joe Duffy was with Gaybo in the old days. He has that Evlin thing who is just unbeliveably bad on air, all while haveing a carrer brreak as a teacher! Also Nikki Hayes was just so false its not even funny, it was so bad the BCI should have taken her off air ages ago, but why do RTE do that, force people on teh public and try convince them that they are stars?? you cant make that happen its either naturally there or its not! to be honest teh rest of teh line up is not much better.

i just dont get it. RTE i guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Thought Larry had retired:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

"Starting Jaunary 4th 2010"

How is a mistake that obvious still on the website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

I'll be glad to see the back of Nikki Hayes. Not just cause she gots a nice arse, cause she's a terrible radio presenter. Just awful.

Richard o Shea is now up against Ray Foley. 12 till 3. I'll still tune into Foley, but I reckon he'll lose a few listeners.

Edit: I keep getting asked "Is Ray Foley moving to 2Fm???.... I heard He is!!!" too often to ignore. What's the deal?

jedbartlet wrote: »
    He has that Evlin thing who is just unbeliveably bad on air, all while haveing a carrer brreak as a teacher!

The only good news I can tell u about the above named is she's up the duff so she'll be MIA for a while.

Bad news for people who don't like her (and I've yet to meet or talk to anyone that does) is that her other half is the new boss making the "sweeping changes"...

The whole thing just doesn't sit right with me at all... its all too cosy at 2fm. You can't run a business like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Fago_25 wrote: »
    Edit: I keep getting asked "Is Ray Foley moving to 2Fm???.... I heard He is!!!" too often to ignore. What's the deal?
    Probably made the rumour up himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

bbability wrote: »
    its all too cosy at 2fm. You can't run a business like that.

It's been run like that since its inception. Once you're accepted as part of the RTE 'family' you're untouchable. That's why people like Dave Redmond get let go, he wasn't 'one of us'.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

So what? They turn down who they think is the best man for the job because his wife works there?

This crap about Dave Redmond not being "One of them" is rubbish. What on earth do you have that stupid statement to based on? At a time when the station is up against the wall JNLR wise and financially they're not going to get rid of presenters because they're not "One of them"

Get real.

Real FM wrote: »
    At a time when the station is up against the wall JNLR wise and financially they're not going to get rid of presenters because they're not "One of them"
    Get real.

Eh you get real because you have obviously not done your homework pal.

Dave Redmond (along with most other shows on 2fm on Sat and Sun) had healthy figures compared to other stations. He added more listeners to his show on the last outing. Jenny Greene, John Clarke, Michael Cahill all added listeners to there shows..

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Real FM

Em, I have done my research pal.

Dave Redmond dropped 15,000 listeners to 65,000 on previous JNLRS.

I don't see what your point is about the others. John Clarke keeps a 3 hour weekend show, Jenny Greene keeps her show and Michael Cahill was actually down 21,000 for the year.

Em, I have done my research pal.

Dave Redmond dropped 15,000 listeners to 65,000 on previous JNLRS..
    all in all he's gonna be missed. It'll be 65k more than the next quarter.

Don't forget most stations are down in overall listeners year on year.

I heard nob nation has moved to the breakfast show from today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm always astounded that Ruth Scott manages to keep a job on national radio. She's been bumped around so often, she must at times forget when to show up at work.

Someone should put her out of her misery and just get rid of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 anna logg

ALL STATIONS at this time segment dropped on Saturdays...... summer and recession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jojojo1

6AM C&JJ
    9AM LUCY KENNEDY
    11AM RICK OSHEA
    2PM AIDAN POWER
    4PM JENNY GREENE
    6PM SIMON YOUNG
    8PM DENIS HICKEY
    10PM PHIL CAWLEY
    GET RID OF D FANNING,G RYAN,
    KEEP LARRY,NIKKI,SPRING,LEAHY AT WEEKEND

Has Lindi Clarke left the Breakfast Show team? I've noticed positive changes with the show as of late. Much tighter and more speech based.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,931 ✭✭✭patrickc

Has Lindi Clarke left the Breakfast Show team? I've noticed positive changes with the show as of late. Much tighter and more speech based.

shes on with Will Leahy now afaik

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

<snip> This crap about Dave Redmond not being "One of them" is rubbish. What on earth do you have that stupid statement to based on? At a time when the station is up against the wall JNLR wise and financially they're not going to get rid of presenters because they're not "One of them"</snip>/QUOTE]

Yeah so would it not have made more sense to keep him there since in three of his last four listenership figures he was up it was only the last one he was down in and firstly as someone else said that all stations are losing listeners and secondly from what I heard he was only one of two in 2fm that actually managed to gain listeners with some of those results!

Would have made more sense to me if they had of kept a decent presenter that has the ability to broadcast to the nation rather than the captial but there ya go!

As for other changes don't think Nikki should have been moved to weekend females are largely lacking off irish airwaves and I think they should have left her on during weekdays. She's not a bad dj by any means when you listen to some of the others out there.

Also since the changes I have largely stopped listening cos wasn't impressed by what I heard except to the last month of celebrity Sunday with Nicky Byrne and I bet they were luvin the Westlife fans in 2fm for getting the show trending in twitter three weeks in a row!!! ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 sparrowman

jojojo1 wrote: »
    6AM C&JJ
    9AM LUCY KENNEDY
    11AM RICK OSHEA
    2PM AIDAN POWER
    4PM JENNY GREENE
    6PM SIMON YOUNG
    8PM DENIS HICKEY
    10PM PHIL CAWLEY
    GET RID OF D FANNING,G RYAN,
    KEEP LARRY,NIKKI,SPRING,LEAHY AT WEEKEND

+ 1 except I'd substitute Ray Foley for Phil "I can't stop saying my own name" Cawley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

They should give more time to Larry Gogan as he is the best and put him on in the evenings or weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭prunudo

Larry Gogan thanked her at the end of his show today, so she must be floating around between different shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BabyDuck

sparrowman wrote: »
    + 1 except I'd substitute Ray Foley for Phil "I can't stop saying my own name" Cawley

Dont think foley would switch to 2fm, he does nothing but slag them off on his show, Jenny Greene def deserves a weekday slot....as for poor ruth scott :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

I love tommy and hector on Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

coldwood92 wrote: »
    I love tommy and hector on Saturday
    They're fúcking brutal. Two gobshítes from Naaaaaaavan
    "c'mon lads we're havin the craic here, I'm a ginger and i think i'm funny"
    Terrible, please take them off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Yeah, she has been replaced by Gerry Ryan's producer Siobhan Hough, apparently against his wishes. I'm surprised, I would have though Gerry would have more say in the matter.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/gerrys-shock-as-righthand-woman-moves-in-reshuffle-2086663.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

MJ23 wrote: »
    They're fúcking brutal. Two gobshítes from Naaaaaaavan
    "c'mon lads we're havin the craic here, I'm a ginger and i think i'm funny"
    Terrible, please take them off.
    anybody got a postive review

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,648 ✭✭✭prunudo

I have to say that i'm enjoying listening Tommy & Hector, it's better than the usual boring rubbish out there. At least they are doing something different.

I still can't understand why they put Ruth Scott on weekend mornings, cant stand her and 2fm have lost me as a listener for weekend breakfast, as I always listened before.

Advertisement