Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand TV

• 07-12-2009 11:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Does anyone know where I could pick up a second hand TV in town??

Nothing on Adverts.ie at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

You got me curious Why would ya want a 2nd hand telly?
    A basic TV to buy new isnt the most expensive
    thing in the world, even a poor student or someone on the
    dole can afford one.

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Go to Currys in the Parkway Centre and ask for Ger(Manager). Ask him could you have one of the WEE returns. They don't need them or want them anyway.

That's if they have them but I would nearly be sure they would at this time of the year. I know 4 people getting TV's for Christmas so Im sure there are many others and some at least getting them from Currys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 761 ✭✭✭dedon

bullets wrote: »
    You got me curious Why would ya want a 2nd hand telly?
    A basic TV to buy new isnt the most expensive
    thing in the world, even a poor student or someone on the
    dole can afford one.

~B

What would you consider cheap? I don't have much to spend and €100 would be my limit so second hand all the way.

Obviously want bigger than a 14 inch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

If you could squeeze an extra €29 to your budget, then Lidl are selling a 21 inch tv on the 14 December.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20091214.p.21inch_Colour_TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Give any of the tv shops a ring, they always get old televisions handed into them (alot of them are still working fine) when people buy new ones. Try Future, Sound and Vision on Upper William Street.

Other than that the Lidle one is good value and comes with a 3 year warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭littlemissteach

You should join Freecycle Limerick- Its a site for people who are looking for or offering second items- you can put up a request for a tv or else watch what other people are offering- everything is completely free- no catch

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/limerick-freecycle/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 horace456

Kess73 wrote: »
    If you could squeeze an extra €29 to your budget, then Lidl are selling a 21 inch tv on the 14 December.

http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20091214.p.21inch_Colour_TV

I don't consider 126 cheap. But lucky you if you do!. Don't know where you get the idea any person has that in their pockets either. Very annoyed you chimed in just to scoff that anyone could afford a new one. Since your wrong and many struggle to pay for heating and food at this time of year.

ive been searching done deal etc. For a not really old telly and not too small. Can't find something affordable myself. People are trying to get a lot for their tvs but after Christmas they will be dumping them I reckon. If you can wait till then I think we will have better luck. Try jumbletown too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

horace456 wrote: »
    I don't consider 126 cheap. But lucky you if you do!. Don't know where you get the idea any person has that in their pockets either. Very annoyed you chimed in just to scoff that anyone could afford a new one. Since your wrong and many struggle to pay for heating and food at this time of year.

ive been searching done deal etc. For a not really old telly and not too small. Can't find something affordable myself. People are trying to get a lot for their tvs but after Christmas they will be dumping them I reckon. If you can wait till then I think we will have better luck. Try jumbletown too!!!

Your replying to a 4 year old thread. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 horace456

a great cure for that kind of curiosity {with presumptions that may need a little inquiry too} would be to speak to some one from svdp for ten minutes. Would love to meet someone who can afford a telly everyone I know is more worried about food and fuel than tellies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement