Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game: 'Free' Games with preowned consoles

Options
  • 08-12-2009 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Bought myself a preowned xbox 360 20GB Model for 129.99 with Free Halo ODST about a month ago in Game.

Went in the last day to get another as a present and was greeted with 174.99 with 'free' Modern Warfare 2.

If Halo ODST was 'free' with the exact same model at 129.99, how they can justify that same model being 35% more expensive with another 'free' game is beyond me.

Really annoyed the hell out of me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Because it is not free, do you honestly believe in "free lunches"? do you think the likes of play.com really do have volunteer postmen?

this is just marketing bullsh!t, it is not new by any means.

"New & improved": now cheaper to produce and probably worse quality

"Sale": grabs your attention, no need for it to be good value just because a sign says "sale"

"Change for good": does not mean tesco will never ever, EVER increase prices again, but some retards actually thought it did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Question is, did it say FREE Halo ODST and FREE Modern Warfare 2? There's a good chance they bundled a free copy of the older game at one stage (ODST), but the MW2 offer probably knocked a tenner off the price off the two bought seperately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Question is, did it say FREE Halo ODST and FREE Modern Warfare 2? There's a good chance they bundled a free copy of the older game at one stage (ODST), but the MW2 offer probably knocked a tenner off the price off the two bought separately.

No, the offer was buy a preowned Xbox 360 console and get one free game. When I said 'another' free game I meant a 'different' free game, there is only one free game involved.

When I bought it last month/6 weeks ago, it was ODST (or Fifa 10), as ODST (and Fifa) was the most popular new release....MW2 hadn't been released. ODST wasn't an 'old' game.

So it was:

20GB Xbox 360 + 'free' ODST = 129.99
    20GB Xbox 360 + 'free' MW2 = 174.99

Obviously it's just to take advantage of the Christmas period but I just thought I'd point it out as it's pretty low.

Advertisement