Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does the eula excuse everything

Options
  • 08-12-2009 1:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭

I never read the eula myself but i recently bought a game on steam , a couple of days ago, I played for 40 mins and then I got a hard lock. Had to press the big button, i wouldn't have been surprised to reboot and find a dead disk.

If so could I have claimed ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

MooseJam wrote: »
    I never read the eula myself but i recently bought a game on steam , a couple of days ago, I played for 40 mins and then I got a hard lock. Had to press the big button, i wouldn't have been surprised to reboot and find a dead disk.

If so could I have claimed ?
    Why dont you read the EULA and find out? :rolleyes:

Hard Locks are typically rare and a lot of times what I used to think were HArd Locks in my teens were those Crap Out moments you get when eg. you change your video settings mid-game. My computer hated me for the power cuts I made it suffer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Most EULA's have the "will not be held responsible bit" to limit their liability.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Do you :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

MooseJam wrote: »
    Do you :)
    Does anybody :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

EULAs have no basis in Irish/EU law AFAIK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

CiaranC wrote: »
    EULAs have no basis in Irish/EU law AFAIK

Well thats good to know should the buggers kill my disk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Erm, its most likely a GPU overheat. The most common cause of lockups requiring a hard reset.
    Its hardly going to bugger your disk. Its not going to bugger your OS either.

Advertisement