Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R.I.P Dime

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

And Kona is the one who gets banned! He was only expressing an opinion,no?

I dont think this kind of behaviour is becoming of a Mod. So much for commenting on the post and not the poster eh?
    While I dont want to discuss moderationship on thread, I do feel that kona was being disrespectful and that my sentiments (and those of the Mod that banned him) would be shared by the majority of the users of this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

kona wrote: »
    24 mins into the day and the RIP thread is up. :rolleyes: No offense to the guy, I quite like some of his riffs, but my god this crap every year does my head in. Yes he is dead, I dont wana see another RIP thread

Agree completely, RIP Nicholas Dingley from Hanoi Rocks, dead 25 years ago today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Dimebag%20Darrell%20playin%20Daryl%20Norton%27s%20guitar_jpg.jpg
    dimebag-darrell-steve-vinsons-jackson-guitar2.jpg

Above: I think the above pics are broken???:confused::confused:

Below: HAHAHA Jesus!
    1dimebag_darrell.jpg

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Dimebag_Pantera_Dimebag_4828390495763.jpg
    \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Max Power1 wrote: »
    While I dont want to discuss moderationship on thread, I do feel that kona was being disrespectful and that my sentiments (and those of the Mod that banned him) would be shared by the majority of the users of this forum
    All due respect Max,this should be replied to by the people in question,dont you think? As regards being disrespectful,I dont feel he was being.He was simply voicing his opinion.Was the mod disrespectful to him? I think so!And you dont want to talk about moderationship on thread,Why's that? Thought thats what Boards was all about? Im new to it,so excuse my ignorance if ive gotten it all wrong

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

All due respect Max,this should be replied to by the people in question,dont you think? As regards being disrespectful,I dont feel he was being.He was simply voicing his opinion.Was the mod disrespectful to him? I think so!And you dont want to talk about moderationship on thread,Why's that? Thought thats what Boards was all about? Im new to it,so excuse my ignorance if ive gotten it all wrong

Sure, although if you want me to reply maybe contact me.

First point - I'm not a mod of this forum, I'm a mod of the WIT forum and the WIT forum alone.
    kona wrote: »
    A post such as this requires an appropriate response:

WHo the **** are you? The ****ing Internet police? Im ****ing sick of reading RIP Dime.
    Every.****ing.Year

How about you get over it? eh? For example, Randy Rhoads, excellent guitarist, even better than Sir.Dime, however I dont post RIP Randy on the 19th march. Every.****ing.Year

Get over it. and **** you too.

I definately wouldn't tell him to **** off had this post not been made made "and **** you too" well I'm a simple enough guy I'd take a ban no problem if it allows me to give this guy who was being very aggresive towards people and just being a general nuasance a taste of his own medicine.
    And I didn't call him a prick if you read my earlier post, I said no need to be a prick about it as in the manner in which he posted was prickish.
    Which it was. Anyway if you have further issues there's a lovely post button, you can PM me, or I dunno jot down your complaint and mail it to my ass.

mayordenis wrote: »
    Sure, although if you want me to reply maybe contact me.

First point - I'm not a mod of this forum, I'm a mod of the WIT forum and the WIT forum alone.

I definately wouldn't tell him to **** off had this post not been made made "and **** you too" well I'm a simple enough guy I'd take a ban no problem if it allows me to give this guy who was being very aggresive towards people and just being a general nuasance a taste of his own medicine.
    And I didn't call him a prick if you read my earlier post, I said no need to be a prick about it as in the manner in which he posted was prickish.
    Which it was. Anyway if you have further issues there's a lovely post button, you can PM me, or I dunno jot down your complaint and mail it to my ass.
    First point- Regardless of what forum,you're a mod all the same.ye post the rules,ye should be examples?
    Second point-"mail it to my ass"? Im expressing my opinion in a civil manner sir,no need to be a prick about it!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

First point- Regardless of what forum,you're a mod all the same.ye post the rules,ye should be examples?
    Second point-"mail it to my ass"? Im expressing my opinion in a civil manner sir,no need to be a prick about it!

I don't think I have responsibility to simply watch someone be just a .... and not comment on it. Technically I posted within the rules anyway I didn't attack him, I did not outright call him names, he said "**** you" to someone I said he could "be more tolerant or **** off".
    Oh noes! I was being a prickish and you said it, and whats this? My world is still going, good call, I made my point in a prickish manner, no question, and I can accept your rather fair assessment of events, as such I don't you were attacking my person but rather you were commenting on the way in which I was delivering my point.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Lots of bawwing up in here. Can't we just let it go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Seriously. this thread is about dimebag and some respect. Either post positive or piss off.

Back on topic150px-In_memory.jpg

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    I don't think I have responsibility to simply watch someone be just a .... and not comment on it. Technically I posted within the rules anyway I didn't attack him, I did not outright call him names, he said "**** you" to someone I said he could "be more tolerant or **** off".
    Oh noes! I was being a prickish and you said it, and whats this? My world is still going, good call, I made my point in a prickish manner, no question, and I can accept your rather fair assessment of events, as such I don't you were attacking my person but rather you were commenting on the way in which I was delivering my point.
    There you go again!Some people cant help it I guess.
    A fool can say things in a foolish manner,so who or what can say things in a prickish manner?
    All I have to say on the matter.Think ive made my point!

Max Power1 wrote: »
    Seriously. this thread is about dimebag and some respect. Either post positive or piss off.

Theres more of it! Good day sirs!

Back on topic150px-In_memory.jpg[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This is why we can't have nice things. Fair play to those who wanted to piss on this thread, you've got what you wanted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement