Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry 8900

• 08-12-2009 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi there
    I bought an unlocked Blackberry 8900 off ebay there recently. It works perfectly with my Meteor sim card in the phone. Makes and takes phone calls ect. However, it currently won't allow me do any of the internet features.
    Does any one know the data codes/information which needs to be imputed for this phone on the Meteor network and instructions on where to find where to input them

Any help anyone can give will be of use :) Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Hi there
    I bought an unlocked Blackberry 8900 off ebay there recently. It works perfectly with my Meteor sim card in the phone. Makes and takes phone calls ect. However, it currently won't allow me do any of the internet features.
    Does any one know the data codes/information which needs to be imputed for this phone on the Meteor network and instructions on where to find where to input them

Any help anyone can give will be of use :) Thanks very much

Not possible, as far as I'm aware, as Meteor will not have the settings for the phone for going online, mailing etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Last Angry Man

The problem is that Blackberry devices access all data, mail, internet etc, over a Blackberry specific APN. Since Meteor are not Blackberry Carriers, they do not have this access point on thier network so your device is useless on the Meteor Network for anything other than voice calls.

You could see if you can change the settings in the BB to access the internet via the generic Meteor data APN but I dont know if that will work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭boarder777

Unfortunately, blackberries only work on o2 and voda networks. And You have to be bill pay in order to use email,web and all internet related functions.
    With o2 its 15e inc vat for unlimited web and emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

boarder777 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, blackberries only work on o2 and voda networks. And You have to be bill pay in order to use email,web and all internet related functions.
    With o2 its 15e inc vat for unlimited web and emails.

The BB add-on is to use certain functions and services thats it covers like the messenger. Youcan still use the browser to connect using the normal data pricing. The settings are in the sticky

Advertisement