Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frecnh cooking book

Options
  • 08-12-2009 1:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Whats that famous french book that is the basis for modern french cuisine. Its very famous but i cant remember name. Is it available in English.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Probably Le Cuisinier françois or L'Art de la Cuisine Française

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭snowfinch

Whats that famous french book that is the basis for modern french cuisine. Its very famous but i cant remember name. Is it available in English.

Not sure, but maybe the Larousse Gastronomique? It is available in English.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

Yes, Larousse Gastronomique is available in English. I have a copy. Not sure where you can get it as I was a present.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,779 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Larousse Gastronomique is available in most good bookshops. However it is more of a cookery encyclopedia than a cookbook.

OP - Are you thinking of Je Sais Cuisiner (published in English as I Know How To Cook)? This book is considered the 'bible' of french cookery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

auguste escoffier was the chef . I ordered a differnet book though thats based on Escoffier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement