Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Year Visa on another passport

Options
  • 08-12-2009 4:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hey guys,
    Im currently in oz on my WHV thats coming close to an end in Feb.
    I hold dual citizenship for Ireland and Canada.
    Im here with my Irish passport, as I've never needed to hold both passports.
    But I can get a canadian passport easily.

Is it possible to leave oz and come back with my canadian passport for another WHV??
    Would they pick up on this? Or am I considered a different person with new visa entitlements?

Any info is appreciated, Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I'm sure they'd cop it since you'd have the same DOB and city of birth etc

May be worth a try tho, if your details bar your name are different

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Are you really willing to spend all the money and risk being turned back on a 24 hour flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

El Gringo wrote: »
    Hey guys,
    Im currently in oz on my WHV thats coming close to an end in Feb.
    I hold dual citizenship for Ireland and Canada.
    Im here with my Irish passport, as I've never needed to hold both passports.
    But I can get a canadian passport easily.

Is it possible to leave oz and come back with my canadian passport for another WHV??
    Would they pick up on this? Or am I considered a different person with new visa entitlements?

Any info is appreciated, Cheers

This is actually illegal, you probably won't get advice on this here

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Unless your name is in irish on the irish passport then you are unlikely to get aay with it.
    2 passports is hugely common, and every immigration depart in the world would be aware of this "trick"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

This is illegal and we do not give advice here on how to get around immigration.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement