Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

games with Irish characters in them

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

kowloon wrote: »

To be fair, while the Irish accent is bad, the French one is worse - it sounds like the waiter from "The Meaning of Life" ("a waaffer theen meent").

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,474 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

oceanclub wrote: »
    To be fair, while the Irish accent is bad, the French one is worse - it sounds like the waiter from "The Meaning of Life" ("a waaffer theen meent").

P.

Perhaps the time is right for a game based on Allo Allo :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

At the very least, a "Capture ze Madonna wiv ze beeg boobies" mod for Company of Heroes.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

oceanclub wrote: »

P.

OMFG ...."In for a penny....in for a fcukin pound!"

I might play Saboteur for the pure comic value.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,434 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Too late, there was one on the Amiga.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

Holsten wrote: »
    Best is deffo the ones in Broken Sword.

One of them sounds like Podge haha.

For sure! Lochmarne ftw

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hmm, I'm too lazy to check how true / false this is, but I am fairly sure I recall reading an interview with the makers of Saboteur & that they had initially tried casting a genuine Irish person in the role. After many attempts at getting the "right" sound they felt that the real, 100% genuine accent just was just too regional & colloquial, so they went for a foreigner putting on the Blarney O'Gill voice instead. It says everything about how the concept of accents is viewed in the entertainment industry. Maybe someone can confirm / deny this (I think it might have been a EuroGamer preview).

To be fair though, we get off lightly compared to our European neighbours. Whether it's French, German, Spanish, Russian or whoever, the quality of the average non-English speaking accent is truly appalling. It must be so frustrating to French / German gamers who regularly find their accents butchered.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

One of the characters from Bushido Blade.

wasn't he called black lotus...(or summit like that)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

• Advertisement
Advertisement