Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard drive disconnecting files

• 08-12-2009 4:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

I have some issues on my hard drive right now. Utorrent is giving me "error: not enough storage is available to process this command"
    I have 160 gigs free so i doubt its hard drive issue. Plenty ram (around 1 gig free most of the time). I have 2 sata 500 gig hdds raided to 1tb. When i'm playing a movie on vlc the film just cuts out suddenly and says cannot read file and just closes. It had started happening a little while back but stopped and now it's starting to do it again.
    When it happened before i couldn't get the events open in control pannel.

Now i just tried getting into control pannel. got an error. (browsing to another folder to save the screen shot to in paint wouldn't respond) I'm guessing i have something major on my hands.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=98336&d=1260244467

Running check disk currently and briefly (after the first time before the second) ran ccleaner on reg (probably not going to make much of a difference) and cleaned free space.

edit: oh and
    C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.

Computer is slowly just breaking as i type this so i'm going to post and restart. Seems it only started getting bad as soon as i started to type this up... =(

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

You could see if you have a suitable system restore point and try that. Those sort of class errors are generally down to bad/corrupted registry entries and from a quick google that key {208D2C60-3AEA-1069-A2D7-08002B30309D} seems to be related to Control panel and/or System folders.

(This would not preclude an underlying disk problem though, so I would back up data first just in case that is failing)

wolfric wrote: »
    I have some issues on my hard drive right now. Utorrent is giving me "error: not enough storage is available to process this command"
    I have 160 gigs free so i doubt its hard drive issue. Plenty ram (around 1 gig free most of the time). I have 2 sata 500 gig hdds raided to 1tb. When i'm playing a movie on vlc the film just cuts out suddenly and says cannot read file and just closes. It had started happening a little while back but stopped and now it's starting to do it again.
    When it happened before i couldn't get the events open in control pannel.

Now i just tried getting into control pannel. got an error. (browsing to another folder to save the screen shot to in paint wouldn't respond) I'm guessing i have something major on my hands.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=98336&d=1260244467

Running check disk currently and briefly (after the first time before the second) ran ccleaner on reg (probably not going to make much of a difference) and cleaned free space.

edit: oh and

Computer is slowly just breaking as i type this so i'm going to post and restart. Seems it only started getting bad as soon as i started to type this up... =(

Download memtest and run that just to eliminate faulty memory as the cause.
    To me it sounds like a failing hard disk though, Boot into safe mode and run your hard disk vendors diagnostic utilty. (may need to run from bootable cd-rom or usb drive)

Advertisement